Shadow Reckoning - Chapter 117

"Wait, WHAT?! We're already here?! How many days has it been?" Kazaks exclaimed, his eyes widening as he caught sight of the familiar shore of the Ember Wind village.

"It's been about fifteen days ever since you've been sleeping nonstop," Leeani replied, her tone filled with amusement.

"Yep, fifteen days," Andhur chimed in, his grin wide.

"Seriously? Fifteen days!?" Kazaks asked, disbelief evident in his voice.

"And Kazaks, don't even get me started on your snoring! It was like listening to a herd of elephants stomping through the ship," Andhur teased, nudging Kazaks playfully.

Kazaks feigned offense, placing a hand over his heart dramatically. "Hey now, my snoring is a symphony of nature's finest melodies! It's the lullaby of the sea," he retorted with a grin.

"A lullaby that keeps everyone else awake," Leeani added with a chuckle, earning a playful glare from Kazaks.

"I'll have you know, my snoring is a cherished maritime tradition! Passed down through generations of sailors," Kazaks continued, his tone mock-serious.

"More like a nightmare for the rest of us!" Qarek chimed in, unable to resist joining the banter.

"Andhur, let's switch beds next time, see if you can handle the full experience!" Kazaks challenged, a mischievous glint in his eyes.

Andhur laughed, shaking his head. "No way, I value my beauty sleep too much! I'll stick to my own bunk, thank you very much."

"But seriously though, I've been snoring all that time?" Kazaks asked, disbelief evident in his voice.

"Nah, just pulling your leg, Kazaks! HA HA HA HA HA!" Andhur chuckled, enjoying the joke.

"You're such a joker, Andhur!" Kazaks teased back, though there was a hint of threat in his tone.

"Don't worry, Kazaks, I'll behave... for now! HA HA HA HA HA!" Andhur laughed, unable to resist adding another quip.

As the shoreline of the Ember Wind village drew nearer, the tension of their recent battles seemed to dissipate into the salty sea breeze, replaced by the comforting warmth of shared laughter and camaraderie aboard their ship.

"Finally, some solid ground beneath our feet! I don't know about you all, but I'm ready to get off this shaky old boat," Qarek exclaimed, his relief palpable as he scanned the approaching coastline.

The moment of light-hearted banter continued as Qarek found himself at the receiving end of playful teasing from his companions.

"Ah, don't play innocent now, Qarek! We all know you're the troublemaker of the bunch," Leeani chimed in, her playful nudge punctuating her words.

"Absolutely! You're the one always getting us into some kind of mischief," Andhur added with a grin, joining in on the jesting.

The group erupted into laughter, the sound of their mirth echoing over the waves as they reminisced about past adventures.

Kazaks, unable to resist the opportunity to tease his friend, chimed in with a memory of his own. "Hey, remember that time Qarek thought he could catch a fish with his bare hands and ended up taking an unexpected swim?"

Qarek's cheeks flushed at the memory, but he joined in the laughter, offering his own spirited defense. "I was just demonstrating my survival skills! And for the record, I did catch something that day!"

Leeani couldn't resist the opportunity to tease him further. "A minnow hardly counts as a catch, Qarek!"

"Hey, remember that time we got caught in that storm off the coast of Aeolantis?" Andhur reminisced, breaking the quiet with a wistful smile.