008

ADRENALINE — CHAPTER 08hold onto the memories

hold onto the memories

2nd november 2023
phoebe's point of view

with everything going on between jacob and i, it still feels like there's a hole in my heart from austin.

it's been two months, he's seeing someone new, i know i have to move on, but i don't want to.

i'm sitting at my piano messing with some cords.

it's been years since i wrote a song, not because jack needed some new material, but simply because it's the only way i know how to cope.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ ⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

20th november 2022

"bye bye miss american pie, drove my chevy to the levee, but the levee was dry, them good old boys were drinking whisky and rye, singing this'll be the day that i die"

austin and i obnoxiously sing along to the faint song playing along on the car radio.

we're driving around somewhere in upstate new york, we gave up trying to figure out where we are about 15 minutes ago.

my door's window is rolled open, letting in a chilly november breeze, the odd leaf falling into the car here and there, my hair blowing a bit from the wind.

"red light" i notify austin, "what?" he responds, i nudge him in the direction of the red traffic light above that he almost ran. "oh" he responds, stopping at the light before looking back at me.

"what?" i grin, he responds with that same smug grin "nothing."

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ ⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

2nd november 2023

"oh your sweet disposition and my wide eyed gaze, we're singing in the car getting lost upstate, autumn leaves falling down like pieces into place and i can picture it, after all these days"

"and i know it's long gone and that magic's not here no more, and i might be okay but i'm not fine at all"

"cause there we are again on that little town street, you almost ran the red cause you were looking over at me, wind in my hair, i was there, i remember it all too well"

i punctuate the song with the final note of my piano, that tiny bit of song wouldn't even count as a whole verse, but it might just be the most impressive song i've written to date.

i finish the recording and send it to jack.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ ⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

instagram

@popsugar phoebe raynott admits her dream actor to do a love scene with is jacob elordi, after being spotted leaving a party with him just 2 days ago

liked by username and 1,653,821 others

username she was so real for that

username wouldn't this of been filmed before halloween tho?
username she manifested it fr

username same pheebs, same.

username mom and dad

username ugly

username austin and now jacob?
username she has a type fr

view all 126,643 comments

2nd november 2023

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ ⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

instagram dms

new notification from @jacobelordi

jacob elordi
so you wanna do a love scene with me huh?

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ ⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

t's notes
i really like this chapter ahhhh, also thank you so much for over 1k reads, i haven't had this book out for very long so it means so much, thanks for reading <3 also it's very specific and important to the story that for the all too well part to be read while the sad girl autumn version is playing that part, you have to imagine gracie abrams on the verge of tears, in a music room, that's identical to taylor swift's music video from the vogue 73 questions, at the piano, playing that song, i'm too deep into my period for this shit.
— tabs