014

ADRENALINE — CHAPTER 14elmer's bottle tree ranch

elmer's bottle tree ranch

phoebe's point of view
11th november 2023

i'm sitting at my kitchen island with a yogurt, scrolling on my phone.

isabel comes in "hi" she yells from the entrance, "hey" i yell back, she's gonna be looking after my dog maverick and jacob's dog layla while we're away.

she walks into the kitchen, with a tiny black dress in her hands, chucking it to me, "pack this" she demands.

i look at the dress and then back up at her "no way in hell."

she nods "yes way in hell" she says, before considering what she just said, wondering if it actually made any sense.

"this is the type of dress that you don't know if you should pull up or down" i tell her, she nods giving me the 'that's-the-point' look.

"jacob is gonna drool all over you when he sees you in this."

i shake my head "nu uh" but it's already too late, she's unzipping one of my bags and stuffing the dress in it.

"seriously bel, i don't need another reason for people to call me a slut" i complain.

she shrugs "they're just jealous that you can pull bitches and they can't."

before i can argue with her anymore there's a knock at the door, "that must be your knight in shining armour" she squeals, rushing to the door.

i hurry behind her as she swings the door open "hey" she grins widely.

jacob looks a bit confused on why she's opening the door, so i push her slightly out the way.

"hi, sorry about her she's..." i start, but trail off when isabel kicks me in the shin.

"hey" he chuckles softly. he's got layla in one hand on a lead.

he leans in for what feels like it could be a kiss, but we both turn our heads and see isabel staring at us like a proud mother, so he dodges the kiss and turns into a hug.

"you guys are boring" isabel rolls her eyes and wonders back into the kitchen.

"you need help carrying your bags to the car?" jacob asks, i nod "please."