017

ADRENALINE — CHAPTER 17the great salt lake

the great salt lake

13th november 2023
jacob's point of view

i hear a keycard slide into my hotel room door.

half asleep i groan as i check the clock, 8:21am.

i let out a small sigh of relief when i see it's just phoebe walking into my room, i'm way too tired to fight off a murderer right now.

she throws a pillow at my head, making me groan.

"wake up" her soft accent enters my ears.

i shake my head into the pillow, "no, too early" i complain, slightly turning my head to look at her.

shes wearing jeans and black hoodie, her brown hair neatly tucked into a ponytail.

"you packed a bathing suit right?" she confirms with me.

i look at her confused, she reads my expression and explains "we're going swimming in the great salt lake" she grins.

i laugh before realising she's serious.

"it's like 40 degrees, pheebs, we could get hypothermia."

she shakes her head, disagreeing with my reasoning "i've done plenty of research and it's fine to swim in there as long as you're not in there for too long."

"please" she begs "we have a whole day off from travelling and you said yourself that i need to do touristy things."

i groan into my pillow "give me 10 minutes."

she grins "thank you thank you thank you."

i roll out of bed, wearing just calvin klein boxers, i notice her check me out a bit, i've always been used to girls eyeing me up and down, but coming from her is a big confidence boost.

she flashes me a small smile before turning to leave "i'll be in the lobby" she says as she closes the door behind her.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ ୨ ୧ ⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

an hour later and we're standing by the large, scenic lake.

i'm freezing enough in just my swim trunks, i can't imagine how bad it's gonna be when we're in the water.