Halloween

One month later..

Rai stands on a bolder with Luna looking at the lake Rai stares at the lake as if trying to see every detail. Then she begins to go though different stances she balances on the rock going through smooth movements she flips backward flying through the air and she lands on her feet setting her arms out to balance herself out.

Then she begins to bring up scattered stones and she practices bringing them up and shattering them. Then she goes over to the shore of the lake and begins to make a sand tornado around herself and she adds heat turning the sand into glass...the glass shards begin  to change color at will and then she releases the glass and it turns back into sand  still colored back onto the shore.

"Rai that was incredible!" Luna says and Rai only offers a small smile. She goes into another stance and begins to go through another set of moves. She stops as she senses something near by. She squints and doesn't see anything.

"It's almost dinner time" Luna says. Rai turns and goes up onto the rock. "You go on ahead" Rai says sitting down I need to meditate"

"You should really come inside ...I..I don't want you to be alone." Luna says

"Luna ...I need you to go into the castle and go straight into the great hall"

"But RaI" Rai looks in her direction until her friend leaves for the castle. She lets out a breath

Rai stands up and cracks her knuckles. And she tilts her head looking away from Luna Rai squints her eyes reaching out with her magic  her golden eye widens when she sees the towering figure lured ahead by a man in a red turban. She turns and runs towards the school nearly running into someone outside of the great hall

"Watch where you're going you filthy little - .."

"I would not finish that sentence if I were you mr. Malfoy" Rai hears Severus' voice from behind her. She doesn't turn from the blonde boy when she says

"Severus there's ..."

"Just a moment Mr. Malfoy inside the great hall if you will" the boy huffs and he goes through the double doors.

"Miss Lovegood told me you stayed outside after she went in...she also told me you told her to leave.."

Rai sighs and she says "there's ...someone coming something big ...it's being led ...no lured by someone in a turban ..." rai shutz her eyes "it's ..red" Rai says quietly.

"Who's missing from the great hall?" Rai akss.

"Besides you?"

"No the teachers" Rai says.

"Professor Quriell" Severus says he glances back at the castle doors and he says "what did you say he was leading?"

Rai goes pale as she looks towards the doors. Severus grabs her arm and pulls her inside the great hall.

"Professor - ..."Severus pulls out his wand as an older Slytherin comes over to Rai.

"Rai isn't it?"

Rai isn't listening to the girls voice as she goes into an earth bending stance.

"Kid come on the feast is about to start- ..." rai shakes her head as the doors open and the man in the turban runs into the great hall. The doors shut and Severus moves towards Rai to get her out of his path as he says

"TROLL TROLL in the dungeon ...thought you ought to know" before he falls dramatically.

Severus holds onto Rai as the great hall explodes into pandemonium.

"Rai?" Rai closes her eyes and she stretches her hand out a blurry outline begins to form outside of the entrance hall of the towering figure ...must be the troll....it's headed towards ...a bathroom?

Rai opens her eyes "it's not in the dungeons" "what?" Severus says even as the hall becomes quiet. Rai leans on him and she says "we should stay here. Account for everyone ...I think it's a trick" she says this before collapsing slightly and Severus catches her and he helps her sit down. "Stay here with Flint" he says as an older boy looks over at Rai on surprise. He pulls a vial out and hands it to Rai. "I must speak with the headmaster I'll tell him what you said- "professor Rai says perking up after taking the potion "yes what is it?"

"It's headed for the bathroom off the entrance hall...and there's someone inside ..." Severus' eyes widen and he runs towards the headmaster. A striped grey cat leaps from the staff table and rushes towards the door. A few moments later.

"Rai?" Rai blinks and turns towards the blonde boy.

"I...I'm Malfoy Draco Malfoy" he holds out his hand that Rai doesn't quite see.

"Are you blind?" He asks waving his hand in front of Rai. Rai raises her eyebrow and she grasps his hand firmly but doesn't shake it.

"My name is Rai" she says before getting a roll to nibble on.

"How could you see the troll from far away?" Draco asks looking at Rai.

"Who's to say I saw it?" Rai asks.

"We heard you tell professor Snape" someone says that Rai doesn't see.

Rai sighs and she says "it's not vision like you have with your eye it's ....more of a sixth sense. Rai says carefully.

Soon the doors to the great hall begin to pound and Rai stands up slipping out of Flint's hand.

Rai walks over to the door and she puts her hand against it. "You won't be able to open it it's sealed!" Rai turns to Severus who is at her side once more.

"It's...not the...troll" she says quietly. His eyes widen and he nods before moving his wand in a complicated motion.

The doors open revealing Professor M holding Hermione she rushes inside and Severus begins to work on them both. After getting Hermione comfortable with the help of the nurse  he looks back at Rai who is standing with her feet firmly planted.

"What is it?" He asks. Rai tilts her head and she says "I'm not sure." She rubs her head and he says "go eat" Rai nods and she goes to the Slytherin table.

To her surprise Luna is waiting for her. "Rai!" She says putting a hand on her friend's arm. Rai smiles at her friend and begins to carefully get herself some soup.

Stranger. जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें