My Hero Academia | Start Line

Holding the same paper as everyone else, you read the information and held your thumb to your lips. You understood the point system, but the only thing that you didn't understand was that one of the robots had no value next to it.

"Is there a reason for this...?" You thought, a little stunned by this information but you tried to remember the faces and the bodies of the other robots since they mattered in the long run. "I don't understand why this one has no value..."

You yelped as soon as Present Mic blasted his voice through the microphone ahead, trying to get the students to cheer. Regaining composure, you felt a little embarrassed for the other applicants eyed your startled action.

"How is everyone doing?!" Present Mic yelled.

"I'm doing okay..." You muttered, but no one heard you.

"First of all, I would like to thank every one of you for attending this year's entrance exams!" Present Mic exclaimed after a brief silence, a large screen lighting up the dark college-like classroom with four images of robots. "For this year's exam, we are implementing a villain point system in different battle sites!"

"You'll have to destroy each robot to pass the exam!" Present Mic raised a finger as he spoke. "As you can see, all four robots have an assigned value! Once the exam is over, your score will be assessed and we will decide if you made it!"

Everyone started to mutter as they eyed their papers.

"I do want to ask about this..." You looked down at the paper.

"Excuse me!"

Fortunately for you, a student by the name of Ida had stood up with his paper raised. He looked rather stern and intelligent as well, his glasses reflecting the bright light of the screen behind Present Mic. As the class fell into silence, everyone could hear some minor muttering from one single person.

"I will ask: is there a mistake on the paper?" Ida asked.

"I don't see why there should be." Present Mic answered.

"One of the robots you stated will be on the exam has no value at all!" Ida said boldly. "If this mistake is from the U.A.'s board, then this is unacceptable! The most prestigious hero school can't afford to make mistakes like these! Also...you there!"

The student named Midoriya yelped.

"You have been muttering the loudest, and it is distracting!"

"I'm sorry..." Midorita apologized.

"I do promise you, that is no mistake." Present Mic explained. "The reason there is no point value on that robot is because it has no value! While you are hunting for the more important villains, you will have to keep in mind that this one doesn't mean anything!"

"I see! Thanks for clarifying!" Ida said, sitting back down.

"I see..." You think, looking at the face of the zero-pointer robot. "...so during times of chaos, there will be villains who are worth nothing compared to the real deal: the others who are a threat. Is this what the U.A faculty are trying to teach us?"

"If that's true... then what else could they be hiding?"

. . .

You took a shaky breath as a mere handful of all the applicants waited along with you. Now that you were out in the open, people started to notice your presence. It was uneasy, but you didn't notice the concerned looks on their faces. Rika's influence, despite her not being there physically, was making them feel vulnerable.

"Hey there!"

You yelped.

"It is only me," Ida said, greeting you.