My Hero Academia | Do Your Best, Ida!

"I recommend for you to stay back."

"What—?" Mezo was surprised at Shoto's statement but he did secretly want to see what would happen as Shoto took a step inside the building. "What is this guy thinking...?"

"I'll handle this myself." Shoto said before his foot hissed and ice started to coat the building at frightening speeds, cooling down all the floors in almost an instant.

On the fifth floor, Mashirao and Toru were stuck. The ice had frozen their feet to the ground as Shoto cold y walked right past them. Mashirao grit his teeth, but neither of their Quirks would've been able to stop Shoto regardless.

"Damnit..." Mashirao said.

After that, Shoto used his other side to heat up the ice, but didn't reveal his fire. You could tell he had two Quirks right away and you slightly frowned as he eyed the camera, as if his eyes were really targeting you all along.

"He did way better than I did..." You said.

"His Quirk really is amazing..." Izuku muttered.

"Young Todoroki..." All Might eyed him.

Shoto and the others arrived, and everyone unanimously agreed that he was the clear MVP. Still, the class themselves felt that Shoto's eyes were targeting you. You felt it as well, but you couldn't tell it was a look of competition.

"(Y/N)." Shoto said.

"Yes...?" You looked at him as the next match started, the rest of the classes' eyes glued onto the screen, and it was the same with Shoto as he spoke to you.

"I am going to defeat you." Shoto said.

"I'm...looking forward to it." You replied.

"In order to cement myself as a professional, I have made it my goal to defeat you." Shoto said, now looking at you. "You have multiple powers, same as me, so I will beat you with only ice."

"Shoto." You said calmly, looking at him as a rival yet the same as a classmate. "Since you've put me on the spot as your rival, I'll tell you this. To fight me...you'll have to use both sides."

Shoto slightly frowned as you decided to head to the restroom. Izuku was the only one who had actually overheard the conversation, and he did look a little worried. You washed your face and walked back, determination filling your body.

(Y/N)...

"No, Rika." You chuckled, now more confident in the way you speak to Rika. "I already knew what I was doing just by being here. I want to prove that I can still live...and in a way, so is he."

"I know it doesn't make much sense now." You said.  "Both of us are striving to prove something to someone else, I can tell. I'll be his rival, and he'll be mine so don't worry, Rika."

...okay...

. . .

As you walked away from the U.A building, you could see Izuku talking with Katsuki. You didn't want to bother them, but you could tell that Izuku looked rather serious as he spoke to Katsuki while Katsuki kept his head down.

"I'm going to beat you." Katsuki said, which was the only thing you heard from him. "I'm only getting started, you damned nerd. I will never lose again to you, so get that in your head!"