chapter two

chapter two

AFTER THANKING YOUR DRIVER - you walk up to your front gate swinging it open and walking up to your front door. Drawing your key out of your pocket you turn it into the lock and push your door open taking two steps inside and locking it behind you.

"Y/nn is that you ?" you hear your mum yell over the sound of sizzling, you turn into the kitchen making eye contact with your mum. Her large eyes glossed over your person before she turned back to her cooking, briefly pausing to tie her blowout up away from her face.

"Sweetheart sit down" she orders, your feet shuffle against the Zebra wood flooring, you plop yourself on a stool on the kitchen island taking everything out your pockets out of habit.

Your mother covers the pan before walking over to the island and leaning against it to look at you. "I know you have been doing online school for the past couple of months and you did express that you wanted to go to a school again" she pauses "You're unsure of what you want to do, you told me however a friend of mine - her son goes to a school about 1 hour from here, a hero school" you open your mouth to protest but she hushes you.

"Let me finish, you have your reservations about heroes I know that we all do but you only have eight months left of High school and I think this would be a wonderful experience" she smiles softly.

"Mum I can't-" she interrupts you, "Y/n, please just give it a shot if you don't like it i'll withdraw you in two months time okay ?" she says pleadingly, you inhale sharply before exhaling.

"Fine" you sigh seeing a large grin appear on her face, "How did you even get me a place ? Aren't hero schools super competitive ?" you ask puzzled, it was common knowledge that Japanese Hero Schools were extremely competitive.

"Well, your father was a very respectable man so many people have been keeping an eye on your abilities for the longest time" she said shrugging, you hum in response not wanting to stay on the topic any longer than you needed to.

"Okay, when do I start and where ?" you ask getting up from the table, "Next week and UA High school" you raise an eyebrow.

"You were going to send me there even if I said no weren't you" you sigh annoyedly

"Yes"

Zeeks goes there doesn't he ? It can't be that bad then.

Next week came faster than you would've liked, the only good thing was now your sister Aliyaah was back from whatever back- bending work trip she was on - she worked as a "photographer" but you'd never seen her hold a camera so you didn't believe her, heck she couldn't even take a good photo with a phone.