chapter five

chapter five

CHARCOAL ORANGE HUES GRADUALLY SREAD - around your room, you stir in your sleep trying to get more comfortable but giving up after you accidentally press your blister against your sheets.

Jolting, you wince the painful sensation on your arm removing the remaining shrouds of sleep from your mind - you were now fully awake.

You shuffle on your good arm towards your bedside table to see the time on your phone. Picking the phone up you hold it in front of your face using your thumb to tap the screen you blink hard at the sudden brightness.

"5:34AM", you mumble under your breath, huffing you slap your phone down beside you and push yourself up out of the bed. Walking towards your rooms door you adjust the thermostat. Humming in satisfaction as the number eventually reads twenty-five degrees celsius.

Water bursts out of the mounted shower head as you outstretch your hand to note the temperature, realising you left your phone in your room you step back out the bathroom to retrieve it.

The steam in the bathroom slowly thickens as you scroll through your Spotify playlists trying to figure out what type of vibe you were on today. Eventually, you decide on your playlist, the music reverberating through the speaker in your bathroom.

'Pink + White - Frank Ocean'

Stepping into the shower your allow the water to trickle down your body being careful to not let it touch your hair since you forgot to grab your shower cap and just had it tied up away from your face.

You grab your African Net and scrub some Dove Bar soap on it until it was covered in white suds. Rubbing the slightly rough material all over your body to clean yourself. You then rinse it out and your body grabbing a wash cloth you lather your favourite body wash on it and rub the soapy cloth all over yourself once again making sure to get behind your ears.

Rinsing yourself off for the second time you move onto your skincare rubbing your face wash on your face and rubbing it in before rinsing it off and allowing the water to trickle down your body again to get rid of any remaining suds.

Closing the faucet you step out reaching for your towel and drying yourself off lazily. Once you're done you turn the extractor fan on.

You had finished getting ready for school, even packing your stuff in your backpack and picking out a gym outfit for later since you wanted to try out the on campus gym after classes today.