chapter ten

chapter ten

A/N: Trigger warning for the following - Talks of Domestic Violence & Cheating.

At the time of this flashback you are seventeen years old.

Previously...

"Oh yeah I forgot to tell you e/n called me today"

11 months ago...

THE BURNING SUN SHONE THROUGH THE BLINDS OF THE APARTMENT - you stirred from your sleep and shuffled slightly to get out of the large King bed. Holding your breath, you quietly headed for the shower.

"Where are you going ?" a deep voice mumbled, you froze as your heart beat rose.

Your chest felt increasingly tighter, and the room around you began to blur you held your breath trying to refocus your eyes on the bathroom door a meter distance from you.

Breathe. Breathe. Breathe

"Y/n" the person raises their voice slightly making you flinch and turn to face them, you respond in nothing louder than a whisper.

"I just wanted to clean up" you mumble just loud enough for them to hear you.

He tosses to his side and grumbles under his breath, "Next time be quiet I was trying to sleep, I need to go to work later" you nod silently and stand frozen until you hear soft snores from the bed.

Heading into the bathroom, you avoid looking at the mirror staring down at the ground watching your feet peek under your oversized shirt.

Your eyes burn as tears begin to form, you blink rapidly refusing to let them out. You turn on the shower and sit yourself on the closed toilet lid as you wait for the water to warm slightly.

You grab a wash cloth and get into the shower.

You shower, scrubbing yourself until your skin is red and the water begins to feel like acid. Dazed, you clamber out of the shower and stand on the Bath Mat.

Drying yourself off, you now look into the small mirror in front of the sink.

Your chest tightens immediately and you choke on the tears that threaten to spill out of your eyes. The bruise around your eye is dark.

And the marking on your throat from where he strangled you.

You feel acid shoot up your throat and you hunch over the toilet bowl and vomit. You lay against the bowl and heavy everything up, dehydrated you gather yourself up and brush your teeth at the sink.