(Ch.1): Welcome to Secret Life

Grian's voice echoed in the minds of everyone as they slowly rose, not yet fully conscious. This part always made BigB's skin crawl, to see everyone moving, and yet so lifeless.

"Welcome to Secret Life, a world where we only have three lives. You are classified as "green" on three, "yellow" on two, and "red" and hostile on your last life. Every so often, all of us will be given a secret task from the Secret Keeper..."

The Secret Keeper just now caught BigB's eye. A large stone statue, almost depicting a woman, stood tall just beside the campfire where they'd been surrounded. It was ominous, unlike anything Grian had created before... it almost appeared as though it has a mind of it's own...

Grian continued, "Secret tasks are challenges that you must complete before the next wave of tasks is given out, but you must keep it a secret. If you tell anybody, you will fail your task. Additionally, the Secret Keeper provides the only way to heal any wounds afflicted throughout your time in the game, so it is in your best interest to complete your tasks. If you have no wounds to heal, you'll be given rewards. You get nothing if you fail your task."

"Additionally, if you are in need of more healing, you can reroll your task for a harder one. This will give greater rewards, but will take away life force if you fail."

BigB looked upon the three buttons as Grian explained. They were each labeled "Succeed", "Reroll for hard", and "Fail." No wonder this had taken so long, BigB thought, Grian may have created a being of his own.

"With that being said, remember to keep your tasks secret... and let's begin."

As soon as Grian stopped speaking, the other fifteen participant's eyes lit up with life.Scar, Skizz, BDubs, Pearl, Tango, Mumbo, Lizzie, Scott, Joel, Impulse, Cleo, Gem, Etho, Jimmy, and Martyn all awoke at once. Around the circle, BigB and Grian watched for a moment as they each spoke up.

"Oh! Hello everyone." said Mumbo. "Ayup!" said Martyn. "Helloooo!" said Pearl.

Each person said their greetings at the same time, speaking over each other in an excited manner. Gem, a new player Grian had only recently inserted, loudly said her greeting. Nobody knew she was new except BigB and Grian, for everyone else's memories get erased before every game.

Jimmy spoke up amidst the chaos, "Alright, I wanna test out this "no healing" business, lemme punch someone!"

"I mean, we could try it on you!" Martyn replied, laughing. He jokingly pushed his fist towards Jimmy's arm, unintentionally punching him and leaving a bruise. Jimmy grabbed his arm as everyone else shouted lightheartedly in shock.

Grian announced, "Alright! That's a good sign to leave, good luck everyone!"

From there, the people ran in different directions, and Secret Life began.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Martyn followed Jimmy as he ran into the woods, shouting "Hey! Wait up! I got something for ya!" Jimmy shot back, "What could you have to give me right now?! We just started!"

Martyn concentrated for a moment, and a glowing red heart appeared in his hands. Jimmy watched in amazement as Martyn shot it into him, healing the bruise on his arm. "Woah... how'd you do that?!" Jimmy asked, surprised. Martyn just shrugged and ran away, this was meant to be something that they all knew how to do naturally. But then again, Martyn assumed Jimmy was naturally stupid.

After this brief encounter, Martyn dubbed to spend the next few hours underground, hoping to see where the night takes him.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------