II

/Qᵘᵉˢᵗⁱᵒⁿ ᵃⁿᵈ ᴱˣᵖˡᵃⁿᵃᵗⁱᵒⁿ ᵖˡᵘˢ ᵃ ᶠʳᵉᵃᵏⁱⁿᵍ ᵗᵒⁱˡᵉᵗ ʷᵃᵗᵉʳ ᶠⁱᵍʰᵗ/

𝘎𝘳𝘦𝘦𝘬 𝘊𝘳𝘰𝘸𝘯

"𝚀𝚞𝚒𝚊 𝚟𝚒𝚍𝚎𝚛𝚎 𝚌𝚞𝚙𝚒𝚘, 𝙲𝚕𝚊𝚛𝚛𝚎"

Melanie wondered how long it would take these (stupid) gods to finally claim their poor children. With disheveled hair from the little fight with her brothers, she lay flat on the terrace outside cabin 12 and thought. Her fingertips played with little vines that sprouted from the cracks in the terrace and grew around her new bracelet and then up her arm. The feeling of the plants on her skin calmed the storm in her head. The sun caused long shadows to be cast from the cabin and enveloped Melanie in a calming hug.

Out of the corner of her eye, she saw Annabeth turning another whitish page of her new book, burning the Greek symbols and letters into her head. It was as if she could smell the new book from here. A smell that she hated and loved at the same time. something that reminded her of a moment that had turned her life upside down and yet still gave her comfort. The warm summer wind swept and whirled the leaves, danced around Melanie like a quiet song and whispered different notes in her ear. Now the two girls just waited until Chiron and Percy finished their tour and arrived here.

Percy. Percy Jackson, as she had learned. There was something strange about this boy. He was different, and this in a camp full of Demi gods. A title you didn't necessarily want to be given. Expressionless, violet eyes looked up at the sky. The various shades of gray and blue gave the sky full of storm clouds its threatening colors. Thunder rolled here and there to remind her that he was still there, looking down on her from the sky. Most likely cursing or swearing.

It was as if the sky was steeling itself against war and devouring everything and everyone that came near it. "Drama queen," Melanie murmured and thunder rolled from the sky again. Melanie clicked her tongue in annoyance. Zeus overdid it again. "Mel," Annabeth said without looking up from her book. "We don't curse the gods."

Of the two girls, it was clear who played which role. Melani was the girl who didn't care about other people's opinions. She said what she thought, when and how she wanted. And with an indifference that even the gods had never experienced. Annabeth, on the other hand, was the perfect daughter of Athena, she thought before she said anything and kept Melanie's head above water. In the truest sense of the word. Annabeth once had to save Melanie from drowning because the girl slipped on the beach in the middle of the night and couldn't find her way out of the water in the dark.