VI

/ᶠᵒᵘʳ ᵏⁱᵈˢ ᵇˡᵒʷ ᵘᵖ ᵃ ᵇᵘˢ, ˢᵒᵘⁿᵈ ˡⁱᵏᵉ ᶠᵘⁿ/

𝘎𝘳𝘦𝘦𝘬 𝘊𝘳𝘰𝘸𝘯

"𝙸  𝚑𝚊𝚝𝚎  𝚢𝚘𝚞  𝚊𝚕𝚕"

Melanie was pissed. Really pissed off. She had made it clear that she didn't want to go on the quest. But here she sat. In a car next to Percy shrimpy Jackson at the window and let Argus drive them out of the countryside and into western Long Island.

How did she end up here? Well, that was a funny story. At least for Percy and Annabeth. For Melanie, less so.

She was just lying in her bed, snuggled up under her blanket and, as always, a pillow over her head. Everything was normal. Percy, Grover and Annabeth stood at the entrance to Camp-Half-Blood and waited, not knowing that Melanie really wasn't going to show up. As she said, she wasn't interested. She preferred to let the sun light her up while she slept and to last the whole day. 

No Percy, no Quest, no Annabeth bff who couldn't stop playing around with her magic Yankees cap out of excitement and no Grover playing Mozart's Piano Concerto no. 12 and Hilary Duff's "So Yesterday" on his pipes. (Which, between them, he couldn't even do properly). After a few minutes of silent waiting, Percy decided to personally drag Melanie out of her bed. They had already gotten everything, Percy his sword and Grover his shoes from Luke and only Melanie was missing. He stomped over to her brothers and found them, along with Lee Flechter, Luke and Silena Beauregard, stuffing various things into a bag. Including clothes from Melanie, toiletries, nectar and ambrosia, various skin care (which of course came from Silena), money and books with theater pieces.

When they saw Percy walking towards them, they grinned at him, knowing why he was there and tossed him the bag. He ignored the punctured and knowing look of Aphrodite's daughter and, with the permission of the other children of Dionysus, opened the door to the cabin. When he found Melanie still in her bed, he rolled his eyes, tore the blanket from her body and dragged her out of her cabin. At that moment he didn't care what she looked like or if she was ready. They always had time for it later. Luckily for him, Melanie was wearing pajamas, otherwise she would have killed him. Even if, admittedly, she would have done that anyway.

 Percy waved goodbye to Pollux, Castor, Silena, Lee and Luke and they waved back before he stalked off to the others with a fidgeting but still tired and totally disoriented Melanie over his shoulder. He still heard Silena scream to Melanie: "See you soon cerise!," and Melanie mumbled a confused . "Huh?" before disappearing with her. She was surprisingly light, which made it easier for him, even if he wasn't particularly strong himself. When he arrived at the others, he found an amused Annabeth, who gave Melanie a smug grin and was cursed by her for it, a somewhat perplexed Grover and a neutral Chiron. Chiron looked like he was either already expecting this or had already experienced it. Most likely both. In the end she was thrown into the car and without the chance to get out of the car, the four children drove off.