Chapter 2

Neil Caffery

I start to walk out of the sandwich scented FBI van and step in snow. Brrrr....its cold.

There is a red color that is shining out of the white snow. I can barely see it until I push the snow to the side.

Blood.

I tell Peter,"Hey, Peter. Come over here. We got blood."

Peter is my "FBI director". He keeps an eye on me because I'm a consultant. It's either, another six years in prison, or live as a consultant. So why wouldn't I choose a consultant. FYI, consultant is a criminal who helps with a crime investigator.

***

Peter walks over to me and sees the same thing I'm looking at. There is dirt boot prints leading straight towards the bank. And blood on the ground.

"Looks like we got ourselves evidence, victim, or suspect. Let's take a sample," Peter directs some dude over to us.

A man in all white comes towards us with a plastic bag and a sampler. He takes the blood and pours it into the bag.

"Let's see what's inside," I say.

I start to walk towards the door until Peter, from behind me, says,"Woah. Woah woah. You're not going in there until I lay down some rules."
I say,"Okay. Here comes Mr. Law with a mental thousand commandments."

He says,"Okay. That was not your best comeback."

"Yeah. I noted that," I agree.

He points his finger to nowhere as he always does when he has concerns while babbling,"First rule: No touching ANYTHING without using gloves. Or else you'll get framed again like Fowler did. Second rule: No stealing."

I say,"Okay.... 'dad'. First rule applies, but seriously, no stealing?"

He smirks and we both walk in.

As we are walking in, we see boot prints leading inside and outside of the bank. These people really need to learn about RAW evidence in plain sight.

"Oh! That must suck," I yell surprisingly looking at the trashcan on front of me.

Peter asks,"What? Holy! I have seen psychotic things before, but damn. That must have been brutal."

We both look at a plump dude in a grey shirt with a black hat on. He is sitting on top of a green trash can, and is dead. His flashlight barely on, on the ground and his holster open with a clip to a pistol on the right of him.

His arm dropping off of the left of his shoulder, bent the wrong way, and a bloody jacked up face.

"Okay. This is weird. They leave hardcore evidence all over the place.....but can do this?! Wow," Peter exclaims.

As we keep on walking, there are people behind us placing numbers all over the crime scene.

There are three more dead bodies swept across the cold tarnish tiles of the floor, and fingerprint of blood on the wall that is sort of smeared.

I grab out my phone and take a picture of it. I reach my finger to the Messages icon and tap it. Mozzie's name is on the screen so I send him the picture with a comment saying "find the identity".

"This is a high security bank. There should be a camera surveillance area," Peter says.

We walk over to the camera surveillance area and there is a blood splatter on the wall with a dead body underneath it.

A pistol that has a foot away of range away from his hand. We walk into the door and there was a shotgun on some stairs leading from a guard's body.

I search the recordings on the memory, but the last one was on June 26, 2015. They must have gotten hacked.

Peter tells a person,"We need these people's I.D. now."

Gunfire starts to rush from the front door and Peter and I duck.

Uh-oh. My guess: they're back.