Chapter 5

Peter Burke

As I walk into the van with Neil, he starts to talk about coming back to do some more investigating.

As I drop Neil off at his "apartment/mansion rent" he tells me,"Come in. I gotta' show you something."

We walk into his room and Mozzie is sitting at the table drinking a glass of wine.

"So. Look who the cat dragged in," Mozzie says.

"Shut up Mozzie," Neil says.

"Tell him," Neil says.

He spits out his wine from his mouth, and yells,"You didn't tell him?! You want me to do it? You know how I am with revealing things like this."

"Just do it," Neil says.

He starts to talk,"I scanned the fingerprints off of the blood. It's the victim's. And.... Mrs. Suit."

My jaw drops and my heart starts to pound like a drum teamed up with a snare. Then my heart stops like a drop in a song. I am speechless for a few seconds then I turn to Neil and yell,"You knew this?! And you didn't give a damn to freaking tell me?! That my wife was kidnapped by killers! Neil. I thought we could be friends again. But, now since you can't tell me something like this. I can be an acquaintance. But NOT friends. I am starting to think that wasn't your ex either."

My voice started to raise higher each word I spoke and I can feel my face starting to burn of fury as I speak.

Then I say,"Now, let's hunt some kidnappers, and get my wife back."