ii. vanished when i saw your face

"all i can say is it was, enchanting to meet you."

♡♡♡

♡♡♡

walker's pov:

"i gotta give it to you walker, you have good taste. even if you are an apple music user."

i'm on stream with brady where he's berating me about using apple music. personally, i don't understand what the big deal is. like it's just music. but whatever, brady likes being right, so i'll give him that. 

"soooo, walk!" brady says. 

i can hear in his voice that this is not going to be particularly pleasant. he'll probably ask if i've got a valentine or something like that.

"do you have anyone, i mean like a girl, in particular, that you've had your eyes on recently?" 

he gives me what is supposed to be an innocent look through the camera, but it doesn't feel particularly innocent to me. feels like he's got an ulterior motive.  

"y'know, i don't, but i'm sure that could change?" 

that sounds suspicious. like i'm foreshadowing a secret relationship or something. which i am not. i should probably clarify. 

"oh, things could change? what do you mean by that?" brady smirks. 

i laugh, "sorry, that sounds like i'm hiding something, which i'm not," i hold up my hands so the fans know that i am one-hundred percent guilt free. nothing for them to worry about! they can keep dreaming for all i care. 

"it feels like you are," brady says. 

connor walks into the frame. 

"heard that walker's got a girlfriend?" he says, taking a bite out of a banana. 

"i'm not sure where you heard that because last time i checked, i don't," i laugh. 

"oh yeah? well, theres definitely someone out there for you," connor says, mouth full. 

brady laughs and pushes him out of frame, telling him to ask "momma noon" what's for dinner. this is feeling awfully like an interrogation and i suck at lying. not that i am, or anything. thank goodness brady changes topics. not after telling me to text him about any girls. i have a weird feeling in the pit of my stomach that he knows something i don't. i shrug it off. i'm not too big on getting information out of people. i'd prefer that he just tell me because it's not like he doesn't trust me, but maybe he has a reason. it'd better be a good one, though. we play for a couple more minutes and then he heads off because it's dinnertime or something like that. i shut off my computer, tug my headphones off my head and lean back in my chair, picking up my phone. i have several missed calls from the groupchat i have with momona, xochitl, and mckenna. i click on one of them. i'm not sure i really want to know what they're up to this time, but they're definitely going to try and set me up with someone again. the last time they tried to do this, it failed miserably. it was with some girl named kinsey, who was really just obsessed with me and not in a good way. it was a very enlightening experience. now i avoid girls in public at all costs. i wait for the girls to join the call. they all pick up within two rings of each other. 

"walker!" three girls chime at me simultaneously. 

i sigh.

"what do you guys want this time?" i ask, already regretting calling them back.

"wow, that's no way to talk to your best friends," momona pouts at me. 

"right! my bad, i'll definitely do better next time," i tell them. 

"ok," xochitl claps her hands together, "you're going on a date. tomorrow." 

i slump in my seat. 

"hey! we think you'll like her," mckenna says. 

"oh yeah? and why do you think that," i eye her through the screen. 

"i just have a really good feeling about her," she smirks. 

that can't be good. it's definitely anything but good. probably demonic. i turn and see my very organized stack of y/n's vinyls. i trail my fingers along the sides, stopping at my favorite one. yesterday. it has a sister album, tomorrow, but i've always liked yesterday better. something about it. 

"earth to walker," xochitl sings. 

"yes, yes i'm here," i respond.

"great! momona will pick you up at five tomorrow. be there or be square," xochitl grins. 

"fine." i say, resigned from arguing. 

"toodles!" mckenna wiggles her fingers at me.

they sign off, leaving me in the silence, with nothing but my racing thoughts and my favorite vinyls. i pull yesterday out of the stack and slip it out of the album sleeve. it has a beautiful indigo marble. i trace her signature on the cover. dior got it signed for me. i was filming the day she did the signing and i've regretted missing it ever since. i slide it onto my record player and gently drop the needle onto my favorite song, would it kill you if i died? y/n's voice drifts though the speakers, coiling into my ears and twirling around my brain. the lyrics vanish into the dark depths of my subconscious. the reverb laced with her vocals ricochets between my ears. i sink deeper into my chair. if heaven is real, it can't be better than this. i try my very best not to think about the blind date that i was set up on for the most part against my will. i hope that she's a nice girl. i already know that we won't be going on a second date. i'm not exactly interested in anyone right now. anyone except y/n, that is. she barely knows that i exist. i mean, sure she follows me on instagram and that's my biggest flex, but we've never actually met. i'm just a guy and she's one of the most amazing women i've ever had the luck of living in the same time period as. i rub my face with my hands. maybe i'll snap out of my delusions. 

good gods, i'm hopeless aren't i?

♡♡♡

idk how fortnite works i'm sorry i'm just a girl

i love renee rapp.

-1k words