xiv. i'd open up and you would say

a/n: (tw) similar themes to last chapter, mentions of suicide and overdose also mentions of a hospital stay, just making you aware for anyone who gets triggered by hospitals

"hey."

♡♡♡

♡♡♡

walker's pov:

it's the middle of the night and until about three seconds ago, i was sleeping. now i'm most definitely not sleeping. 

"walker," leena hisses at me.

she just shook me awake. i check the clock and it reads three am. what an ungodly hour. 

"what do you want, leena," i grumble, rubbing my sleep crusted eyes.

"y/n's in the hospital."

my heart skips three beats in a row and i probably almost go into cardiac arrest. 

"what?" 

"she's in the hospital. she od'd last night," leena fidgets with her shirt, "are we going or not?"

"SHE OD'D?!" i screech, throwing the covers off and then almost immediately falling over as blood rushes through my body. 

"yeah... i heard it wasn't pretty, or at least that's what jj told me over the phone," she says, grabbing my arm and dragging me out of the room.

"where are we going?"

"the hospital, stupid. we're going to get your girl." 

"is she alive, why did she od? was it because of me?" 

questions swirl through my brain like those keys with the wings in harry potter. i'm trying my very best not to have a panic attack. i force my thoughts into orderly lines. this is most definitely my fault. if it's not then whoever did this to y/n is going to be six feet under come morning, even if it's me. i'll dig my own grave if i have to. the cold nips at my arms as we get outside and hurry towards leena's car. i haven't even buckled my seatbelt before she reverses out the driveway. 

once we're on the highway, lights rushing past us, she tells me, "it wasn't your fault walker. she's a girl, she has a past. we all do. her ghosts are just a little louder than most." 

"she lost her sister, right?"

"yes. suicide. she took it hard and she still hasn't let it go. and i don't blame her. i wouldn't let it go if you or tanner killed yourself. hell, i'd probably be worse off than her."