vi. like passing notes in secrecy

a/n: trigger warning, mentions of violence! sorry it's small, but i feel like i need to include it bc i'm not sure what you guys are sensitive to! so just in case! 

"and it was, enchanting to meet you." 

♡♡♡

♡♡♡

walker's pov: 

"so, what i've gained from this conversation, is that you, my man, are down bad," brady teases. 

i eye him through the screen. maybe if i stare at him hard enough, he'll leave me alone. i mutter a response about how that is one hundred percent not true and go back to trying to assasinate brady in fortnite. 

"he's in love," connor sings from where he's perched on brady's bed. my current hype squad apparently consists of the two noon brothers and xochitl's disembodied voice from brady's phone. 

"don't tease him, connor. feelings don't come easy to him," xochitl snickers. 

i roll my eyes so hard that i think they do flips in my sockets.

"guys, relax. she's just a girl. ok? you can all calm down please," i say. 

she is most definitely not just a girl, but they don't need to know that. 

"i don't even like her that much," i say, to further solidify my point. 

someone clears their throat in the doorway of my room. i turn and squint to make them out. my lights are off and i can't see for shit in the dark, but when i finally register who it is, my heart does a fucking three-sixty in my chest. 

"just a girl, huh?" y/n says from my door. 

this is not how it was supposed to go. i'm going to throttle whoever let her in.

"i didn't mean it like that-," i say, but i'm cut off. 

"here," she seethes, throwing my jacket down in the ground. 

it doesn't take much to tell that she's pissed. worse, she's probably hurt. gods, what did i just do. i just told my dream girl that i don't even like her that much? my future wife? now she's definitely not going to be my future wife. i pull my headphones off with so much force that they almost fly across the room. i wouldn't care if they did. 

"oh shit, someone fucked up," brady says.

"i have to go."

i hang up. then i go sprinting down the hallway after her. 

"woah, dude watch where you're going, you almost stepped in my cereal," tanner says, glaring up at me from where he's settled on the floor, trying to coax portia into eating her breakfast.