Frozen Friend

Amber POV
"Yeah," the boy agreed, "It's me. What's happened here?"

"Well, it's a long story..." Janet explained. "Those people we were fighting were our ex-es and one of their allies. They've been attacking us for quite a long time..."

"Well, that's not fair!" Lou said angrily, "Everyone is allowed to love who they want to! I should help you deal with them."

"Wow, that's very generous of you!"I said warmly, "But you can't put yourself in danger like that! Your loved ones would be worried, and I refuse to endanger you."

Lou said nothing, instead whipping a thick blizzard around him. When he was done, an ice-blue locket had materialised in his palm, glittering under the shining rays of the afternoon sunlight. Seeing the looks of confusion etched on our faces, he explained, "This is a magical charm that my deceased father gave me, before he went for the war that ultimately caused his death. In the ancient times, Brawltopia was fighting a long and difficult battle against the Retropolis Kingdom, and my father was one of the brave volunteers who went to fight for our world."

With the reminder of how Retropolis had waged a war against Brawltopia, Bibi lowered her head, avoiding everyone else's glances. "I'm not blaming you," Lou promised. "The new generation in Retropolis is way more friendly and kind to us, as I can see from you. It's a shame how so many people still hold their prejudices. But anyway, before my father left, he gave me this locket, reminding me that I should always fight for justice in this world. So today, I'll finally be able to prove to him that I have learned, and embark on this journey for justice with you."

"Wow..." I whispered. "Well, if you really need to..."

"I don't need to. I want to," Lou interrupted, his eyes sparkling with determination. "My father always said, 'The past, we appreciate. The present, we dominate. The future, we create'. So it's time to bring justice back, once and for all."