Showdown : Part Two (Let the Sky Fall)

Amber POV
"No!" I yelled as I canvassed the area desperately, trying to see them near. Anywhere. The single word pounded in my brain, sparking a hundred thousand glittering flames.

Hostage.

Hostage.

Hostage.

"No!"I roared again. As my hate spun into reality, red-orange flames rose around me, burning with such a powerful ferocity that it blinded the whole icy clearing with a bright flash. Trix and Dusk glowered at me and my remaining allies, but it did nothing to my steely determination and black hate, which blazed inside my mind like a burning sun.

All these years, Fang was the one that kindled my affection. And now that I had found someone new—someone that had taught me the true meaning of love—I wasn't going to give up on it. I would fight for the happy ending she has always wanted. Even if if meant destroying the one who stood in my way.

It was time to truly unleash myself. And as I let my rage fuel my fury, four phrases burned in my mind.

Time to let the sky fall.

Let the storm break.

Let the wind rise.

Let the blaze rage.

So I unleashed a primal roar as I flamed the ice to nothing, my eyes fixed on that door in the mountain. Trix had leaped into position, releasing a furious growl at us as we trained our eyes on him. Storms and winds raged around us, hurling us round and round. I shot out a force field to keep out the wind, followed by everyone else.

"Take this!" Jessie shouted as she dropped a hypercharged Scrappy on the ground, letting him shoot everywhere furiously alongside Lawrie, who was pelting Trix with shots from a taser gun.

"Go!" I ordered as everyone dropped their force field, charging towards Trix, who grunted and retreated to the air. The barrage of force fields, flames, bullets, tasers, shuriken and other weapons flew everywhere, countered by powerful gusts of wind. The elements were very powerful, and Trix harnessed them skilfully. So we would need to be smart to get past him.

Among the chaos, I noticed one voice missing. I gasped as I scanned the area, shouting, "Janet!"

I breathed a sigh of relief as I saw her battling against Dusk furiously, yelling something unintelligible at him. "Need a hand?" I called.

"No!" Janet's voice was harsh and angry as she shouted, "I'll deal with him myself. After so long, I owe it to him."

"Ok then..." I murmured as I eyed Trix again. The battle raged on endlessly, full of shots from everywhere raining around. Trix was still as fresh as ever, whereas some of us were tiring. Jessie had collapsed in exhaustion, and Leon was shielding her. If as a nice gesture, but...we would never get past Trix this way. Unless...

I hadn't finished my thought yet when a black arrow whizzed past, striking Trix in the heart. He let out a strangled a yelp before plummeting down, crashing with a sickening thump.

Who was that? I wondered as I turned to face the source. But I didn't expect it to be a nervous-looking blonde boy, both arms raised and glowing with dark energy. His smile was tentative, his eyes were darting around like a crazed animal, but still recognisable all the same.

"Dusk?" I asked in confusion.