Showdown : Part One (Let the Battle Begin, Once Again)

Amber POV
"It's here, this exact spot!" I declared, peering up at the diamond-encrusted mountain towering above us.

"Are you sure? I don't see any access point to a hideout..." Luca murmured. "Though I think you're right. My mind can sense some thoughts nearby."

"Here!" R-T gasped. "My heat detector can detect two sources of high heat, which have to be their body heat. But both of them are well below normal body temperature..."

"It has to be Gisela and Anna!" Lou realised. "Cryokinetics have lower body temperatures."

R-T scanned Lou, and sure enough, the temperature roughly matched.

"If Gisela and Anna are inside...then where are Dusk and Trix?" Fang murmured.

"You're right!" Leon realised. "They have to be somewhere nearby."

"Guys!" Janet yelled. "It's a trap, look up!"

The faces of Dusk and Trix were glaring down at us, each holding weapons of sorts. Dusk whispered, "Janet, I always knew you were the smart one."

"Shut up!" Fang yelled, his voice like a piercing siren. "Don't look at her, don't talk to her, don't even come near her. Someone like you doesn't deserve a second chance."

"Well then..." Trix said coolly, "Let the battle begin."

The icy air around us whipped into a freezing snowstorm, cutting and biting at us. Everyone readied their own force fields. And in seconds, we realised why it was good to have a Telepath on our team.

Luca howled, seemingly shoving his mind into theirs. Both of them plummeted from the sky as Luca meddled with their concentration, distracting them. But suddenly a bang resounded as a door opened in the cliff, revealing Gisela's ugly face. And as she whisked a giant storm around us, blinding us temporarily. I sparked a blaze to burn away the snow, but when it finally melted, four people were gone.

R-T.

Maruca.

Fang.

And Lou.