The First Spark : Part Three (Deep Down)

Amber POV
How did this happen? I asked internally. Each time I held Lou's hand, or even his beautiful gaze, I found myself stammering, blushing, my heart pulsing so fast it felt like a drum.

"Everyone okay? Even you, Leon?" Lou checked worriedly. "No one got injured by the snowstorm, right?"

That's the kindness that I love... I said to myself, before trying to find away to smack myself mentally.

"Yeah, I'm all right. Just a little bruises, that's all," Leon responded, wincing as he rubbed his arm.

"And on the plus side, none of us were captured, yet we got a prisoner!" Maruca taunted Bolt, who just glared as he was dragged along by the layers of force fields. Maruca snarled menacingly, "Don't worry, you'll be in jail soon enough."

And that was true. We brought Bolt to the Starr Hub police station, where he was out in their cells by Sandy's friend R-T, as well as the assistant chief Larry & Lawrie, put him under surveillance and investigation.

I was just thinking about my new, confusing feelings when Jessie peeked into my room. "Amber, I can tell that your feelings have changed," she said quietly.

"What? Huh? What do you mean?" I responded—probably too quickly. Jessie smiled as she answered, "I saw the way you stared at Lou just now, like there was nothing else in the world that you could ever love more. Don't even try to deny it, Amber! Your cheeks are so red, and I can practically hear your pulse racing.

I lowered my head as I confessed shyly, "Okay, you've got me there. But it's not like I can do anything about it. So there's no point stressing."

"The heart wants what the heart wants, Amber. You should text Lou to come over. Our garden is definitely a far cry from the wonder of Fang's, but it's still beautiful," Jessie told me.

My curiosity and pangs of love took over my hands, which typed out a message to Lou. But as soon as I sent it, I flew into a storm of panic. Now my heart was pounding for a different reason, sweat was trickling all over my body, I—

"Amber!" Jessie's voice brought me out of my mental breakdown. "Don't ever doubt yourself."

"But what if he says no? It'll be so embarrassing..." I buried my face in my hands.

Jessie said softly, "He may not realise he like you yet, Amber. But I can tell that he has feelings for you that only his subconscious knows. Deep down in his heart, there are feelings you need to help him uncover. So don't throw away this chance. I know you can do it."