Talk To Me : Part Three (Diamonds)

Amber POV
Oh my god, he's gonna kiss me! I thought as Lou's lips moved towards mine. And when they touched...

Wow. It was like the best thing had ever happened to me, then again and again. It was just indescribable, and I felt myself melting into that one kiss that what changed my life forever. I had like many people in my younger days. But now that I was ready to look for someone trustworthy, who loved me too...it was like I had gotten the million-dollar prize and hit the jackpot at the same time. Like a diamond shining up in the sky, glittering with the power of a million suns.

It was Lou who finally pulled away, whispering, "I love you, Amber."

I gave him a tight hug as I told him, "Me too, Lou. Me too."

"Whoa!" Lou murmured as his phone buzzed loudly, followed by another ring from mine. We both pulled it out in confusion, only to find a message that would change our future.

The message was from Fang, and only contained one short sentence. Bolt has been sedated, it's time to find out what he's hiding.

<*~*>

By the time we arrived, almost everyone else was there: Larry & Lawrie, R-T, Fang, Janet, Edgar, Colette, Leon, Jessie, Lou and I, plus Luca.

"Hi again!" Luca greeted me warmly. "Nice to see you again, Amber!"

"Nice to see you too, Luca!" I replied. "Oh, this is Lou!"

"Nice to meet you, Luca!" Lou said happily. "How come I haven't seen you before?"

"Oh, I'm one of Sandy's high school friends," Luca answered. "I'm here to search Bolt's mind for anything that could help us."

On cue, Sandy, Bibi and Maruca stepped out of a portal. "We're here," Sandy panted.

"Ok, time to begin," Luca rubbed his hands together as he turned to Maruca. "I understand you'll be enhancing me?"

"Yep," Maruca confirmed. A pulse of energy poured from her mind into Luca's as she gave him the same lecture she had given Pam.

"Your twenty-four minutes starts now," Maruca finished as the last bit of energy entered.

Luca seemed to be rallying his mental strength, and with a grunt, he confirmed that he had pushed through the barrier. Then after that, it was all groans from Luca and small noises from Bolt that made us panicked and hyperaware.

Finally, an exhausted Luca collapsed onto the bench as he projected what he had seen. The main information seemed to be battles that we had already fought, plus the faces of Gisela, Anna, Trix and Dusk. But the last memory revealed the most important thing of all.

The last memory was of Bolt arguing with others in a dim, dark cave that was poorly lit. But finally, a hiss outside made them scramble to open the door, and it took seconds for me to decipher the words, which were, "Get ready, the Shade's coming now."

The next segment showed Bolt walking to the door, then using lightning to strike the snow aside. It revealed the handsome figure of Dusk, except with a glare on his face as he said, "We need to talk."

"I love Janet," Dusk told everyone. "So you can't harm her, okay? I don't care what you do to the rest. But you can't do anything bad to her, or I'll make you all pay."

"Fine by me," chimed Gisela's voice, "We're only looking to torture Leon, Fang, Colette and Jessie. The singer girl is all yours."

"Okay. Then let's go," Bolt growled, stepping out of the cave. And as he turned back, he revealed the most important clue.

The mountain was etched with ice, snow and diamonds that glared so bright they were blinding, yet beautiful. Which meant that it could only be one place where their hideout was.

"The Diamond Cove," I whispered. "That's where they are."