ᯓ★Flashfiction

A/N: I wrote this for school lol

[Date: 10/19/2020]

I stare at the flower shop in front of me before going inside. the scent of flowers lingers in the shop. It was a nice, sweet scent. Huge bundles of flowers decorated the place, the bright colors complementing the shop's wooden interior. I look around for a bit until I laid my eyes on a bouquet of roses.

"Found anything you like ma'am?" The shop owner greets me with a smile. She was an old woman, possibly in her 50s.

"Yes." I answered, "I'd like to buy these."

She nodded with a hum and took the flowers and wrapped them in a white thin paper and tied with a red bow.

"Who's this for? Is it someone special?" she asked and handed me the flowers.

"I guess you can say that. I haven't seen her in years," I said.

"Well I'm sure she's going to love what you got her." She gave me a smile.

"I hope so," i said before I left the shop.

I want to get coffee so i went to the nearest coffee sop i could find. The little bell above the door jingled as i enter. the warm and cozy atmosphere welcomed me. It was quite small but the place hummed with conversation.

i went to the counter and ordered my coffee. While it was being made I sat down and lay the flowers on the table.

"Those flowers are beautiful. Are you meeting someone?" one of the employees asked smiling.

"Well, sort of. I'm visiting someone." I answered.

"based on the flowers I can tell it's someone special."

"Something like that," I said.

"Well I hope it goes well for you." She turned away to go tend the other customers. "Let me know if you need anything." Her dark brown hair bounced against her back as she left. She was very striking.

Any other day i would have made the conversation longer – get to know her a bit but I don't have the time or energy. Also, i need to go visit someone much more important.

After i had my coffee, I quickly left the place and headed to where I should be.

i stopped in front of stone arch. The Iron Gate was open and i went in. i look around as i pass by stones, looking for her. The place was quite vast; the green grass seemed almost endless. A few other people were there with me. It was already afternoon and i felt the heat of the sun scorcing me. I gripped on the bouquet of flowers as i continue to look for her.

And i did. I went near, holding my breath and closing my eyes. I opened them again.

They weren't lying.

Under a tree I was, kneeling down as I place the flowers on her tombstone.