Ghost London's last nightmare 1

At astonishing speed, Tyler ran right at the spot where John's grenade had exploded earlier, cleaning up the abomination in there. Even more of the horrifying creatures tried to throw themselves at him, only for him to swiftly sneak between them. Successfully reaching the next floor of New Big Ben, Tyler's mind was racing as fast if not faster than his legs:

'Ok, even if New London has been built based on the original London, they definitely built some parts of it differently to accomodate the tourism. Meaning there should be more accesses spreaded across the clock tower. Now, everything depends of if those passages are like the Fefnir tech walls of the Party Hall or if they're regular ones'

If it was the first case, they would've likely been rendered useless by the mist, but if it was the second, it would likely help him to arrive to the top of the clock tower, where the heart of the hivemind was situated.

Or at least, that was what Mavarel, or what was left of him, would think he thought. In truth, Tyler had perfectly understood that, even if there indeed were accesses sill intact, those thirty years were more than enough for Mavarel to destroy or block them, or even to create traps around them.

It didn't matter anyway, Tyler had already found a much more direct way to the top of New Big Ben. But for now, he had to act as if he was playing by Mavarel's rules, otherwise the latter would realize something was wrong and the risk of failure would get higher.

Tyler winded through the abominations once again, directed where he estimated it more probable that an access was. Indeed, he ended up... facing a Fefnir tech imbued wall. Except that now, with the constant exposure to the mist, it had become a regular wall.

'Tssk, as expected' Tyler thought, not surprised in the slightest even though it still pissed him off a bit.

He kept his act on, seeking other accesses to the top of the clock tower. For the second time, he managed to arrive to a second Fefnir tech wall... disabled too, of course. This time however, he wasn't able to turn back to continue searching so easily, as the undead puppets had managed to surround him, and were now all throwing themselves at him with their disarticulated limbs held toward him like claws, waiting the first opportunity they would get to rip off his hermetic suit and turn him into one of them.

'Bet'

He easily catchd the arm of the first puppet that arrived on him, and spun on himself, swinging the creature at the rest, creating an empty zone around him and giving him the one second he needed to reposition himself. He used this occasion to take out his impulsion gun and shoot the puppet in front of him. The shot wasn't enough to send the creature back to the dead, but it was strong enough to incapacitate it.

Tyler used this occasion to push the creature back with a powerful kick, and as the puppets behind were swept away along it, Tyler used the occasion to jump above their heads, swiftly getting past the abominations. However, at this speed, the landing was a lot rougher than what he thought, and he ended up rolling on the floor on a few meters. He barely managed to get up in time and jump forward to dodge multiple abominations that were falling from the ceiling, twisting their necks in a disturbing way.

'Ok, I'd better work on my landing...' Tyler thought to himself.

'You mean if you manage to survive this? 'Cause if you do, I'd advise you to try your luck at lottery instead' a voice in his head said.

Tyler furrowed his brows: was this damn voice going to bother him each time he used his Blessing?

Well, it sure was annoying, but at least he didn't turn crazy... not yet...

Getting back to the situation, Tyler went back to seeking a new access. Eventually, after making his way through more puppets, he was starting to get tired. But as his patience was starting to fade away, he finally found the one thing he was seeking: an entry leading to the next floor of the clock tower, that wasn't a Fefnir tech wall and wasn't blocked with too much care.