Chapter 8

Onika's POV

I woke up in Aubrey's arms. I smiled at the thought of last night. No, we did do it. It was a school night so that would be kind of stupid, and I wasn't ready.

"Brey wake up." I said lightly shaking him. He groaned and turned over on the other side.

"Babe get up." I said again shaking him harder. He didn't budge.

"AUBREY GET UP!" I yelled. He rolled out of bed and fell on the floor making me laugh.

"Not funny." He said rubbing his face.

"Funny, no. Hilarious, yes." I kept on laughing because it was so funny how cranky he was.

"Yo, quit it. No one wants to hear your laugh."

"I thought you liked my laugh."

"I do, just not now."

"Ouch." I said then made my way into my bathroom. Aubrey followed behind and snaked his arms around my waist and placed a couple of kisses on my left cheek.

I looked at us through the mirror. We look so cute. Too bad the moment had to end.

"Aubrey we have to get ready."

"For what? I wanna stay here the whole day with you."

"He have school."

"Fuck school. One day won't make a difference."

"Watch your mouth... And it does make a difference. Don't make me think you're a bad influence on me."

"Okay, okay, we're going to school." We left the bathroom to the room. As I picked Sandi outfit for the day, Aubrey put his t-shirt on and gave me goodbye kiss.

"I'll see you in school."

"Love you."

"Love you too." After that, he exited the room as I carried on I the start of the day.

(...)

We walked into the school building recieving less glares than usuall today which made me happy and did our usual stops at our lockers. People are finally starting to accept the fact that Aubrey and I are dating. They were goign to have to get over it sooner or later.

From the corner of my eye, I saw Maliah talking to Ariana and she would occasionally glare at us then quickly look away. Aubrey must have noticed it too.

"Don't worry, they are just jealous that you're my girlfriend now." He whispered into my ear.

"Okay." I said sending him a reasurring smile. He smiled as well.

"People are going to be like that." He said. I already knew that sense almost every girl in school wants Aubrey in different ways. Some want him to be their boyfriends, some just want him to be their friends, and some just want him for... well you know what they want him for.

"I know, I have been having to deal with all of Nicole shit about it lately." I said thinking back to the other night when she got mad because i was going out with Aubrey.

"Babe, don't sweat over her. She's a bitch. I love you. you are the most perfect girl I have ever seen. You're beautiful, kind, smart, funny, amazing, perfect, gorgeous, I could keep going, but we have to get to class." Just then the bell rang letting us know we had to go to our first class. That made me chuckle.

"Okay." I say with a smile. He gives me a kiss on the cheek and we say goodbye. I head to my first class thinking about Aubrey and only him.

Aubrey's POV

As I walked to my class, Nicole came over my way and without any words she pulled me aside.

"What do you want Nicole? I have a class to attend. "

"I just wanted to tell you that I know your little secret." My mind just when from annoyed to worried. Could she be talking about the secret? But I wasn't about to show any weakness Ariana this point.

"What secret?" I asked then licked my lips.

"The one about you dating my sister. We wouldn't want her ti find out about that,would we?" She asked deviously.

"I dont know what you're talking about..."

"Oh Aubrey." she said and giggled. "We both know you know what I what am I talking about. My father is paying you to be Onika's boyfriend. Simple as that." she said with  smirk on her face.

"Nonsense. He isn't me paying shit."

"Oh yes he is. I heard your litttle conversation the other day. Oh and it's been about a month now right? You should be getting your next payment on the first day of March which is what, in three days am I right?"

"Again Nicole I don't-" She cut me off.

"Save it Aubrey... I know you know what I am talking about. I would just watch your back if I were you." She whispered in my ear and then left me alone in the hallway thinking about what i am going to do to make sure Nicole does not tell Nika about this mess.

(...)

I sat down at my usual lunch table next to Onika. I smile over at her and she smiles back. I guess Nicole didn't tell her anything which is good, I can't have her do that. I didn't even realise that in three days I would be getting my next 300 dollars. I sighed thinking about why I am doing this. My feelings are definitely growing for Nicki.

I do really think she is pretty and everything, but I don't think I love her. I mean I could be wrong, I may love her, but if I do end up falling in love, it would just be that much harder to keep doing this for money. But I know one thing that's for sure.

I like her.

Onika's POV

I laughed at the stupid joke Aubrey had just told one of his friends. Everyone else laughed too.. I've noticed a lot of people just want to be friends with me now because I am dating Aubrey. They all just want to get close with him. It's annoying, I don't want people to pretend to be my friends, and I definitely don't want people to pretend they have crushes on me.

Aubrey put his arm around me and until our laughter calmed down. I looked over him and he was smiling at me.

"Why are you staring at me??" I asked.

"Nothing, you're just so beautiful." He said causing me to blush a lot then kissed me.

"No making out right now you two." Abel said.

"I just kissed her on the cheek bro." Aubrey said looking at Abel like he was stupid.

"Who knows it could have turned into something more if I hadn't said anything." He said wiggling his eyebrows.

"It wouldn't." I said defensively. Nothing would happen in front of all these people.

"Maybe it would have." Maliah said. I rolled my eyes. She is starting to get on my nerves, I mean I really don't like her. At all. She keeps trying to get close with Aubrey and I don't know how to tell her to without being rude. I mean, she is really really bad news...