Chapter 10

Onika's POV

After that night I feel into some shitty depression. I just stayed home crying and crying.

I've eaten almost nothing, and I did it was junk food. From ordering pizza to emptying the snacks cabinet.

I even skipped school these last three days straight. I couldn't bare to look at Aubrey's face. He tried to call, text and even came here a couple of times but I just ignore him. I'm not ready to talk yet.

Today I've decided to do something (out of the room). After showering, I threw on some old blue jeans, a red T-shirt and some flip-flops. My hair was neglected for days, so I'm straightening it. Maybe later I'll go to the mall to get a new hair cut.

When I was satisfied with my look, I ran downstairs to the kitchen to eat something before I go for a walk just to clear my mind.

After getting a bowl for some cereal, Nicole came downstairs. I huffed loud enough for her to hear me making her come my way.

"Ahh, is Nika feeling lonely...?" A good morning would have been nice too...

"Leave me alone Nicole."

"Where's your boyfriend?"

"I'm not in the mood."

"I just want to help you feel better about all this." Ugh!

"I said leave me alone, damn it!" I almost shouted.

"You don't need to be such a bitch to me?"

"Don't get slapped. I'm warning you..."

"Oh please, you wouldn't hurt a fly if you wanted to... You're too weak. Weak and pathetic. You're nothing but a goody tw-" before she could finish your sentence, I wasted no time and gave her was she deserved. The sting I was feeling on my hand was worthing years of grudge built towards her attitude.

She stood there rubbing her cheek, shocked that I actually hit her. For the first time. "How dare you!" She shouted then returned the favour.

I threw another slap and tackled her to ground. I never really imagined my first catfight being with my sister. We were scratching, slapping and pulling each other's hair. Not to mention name calling.

"Hey, hey, hey.... Girls cut it out!" I heard dad yelling and pulling me off of Nicole. "What on earth is going on here!?"

"Onika hit me." Nicole said innocently like she was the victim here.

"That I could see. What happened for her to start it?"

"She started it!" I said breaking loose from my dad's grip.

"Me? I was only ask you how were you and you lashed out on me just because you're too depress since you broke with your boyfriend. I didn't do anything!"

"Nika, go to the office now." Dad said.

"But dad-..."

"My office. Now!" He turned around and went to the office.

I looked behind me to see Nicole sticking her tongue out to me before I followed my dad.

"What was that about back there? Since when you're agree dive with your sister?"

"She was bugging me. I've had enough of her."

"But you really had to beat? What were you arguing about anyway?"

"I don't know. You tell me. You're the one you pay my Aubrey to date me." I raised my voice.

"Onika. Sit down."

Dricki: Getting Paid (short story)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें