Chapter 2

Aubrey's POV

I sat across him on the chair in front of his desk. He was dressed classic as ever. He was staring firmly at me with a thoughtful look on his face. His elbows rested on the desk with fingers were laced under his chin.

"How are you, Drake." He finally asked me.

"I'm good, and you sir?"

"I'm fine, thank you for asking." He said with a smile. "I bet you're wondering why I wanted to speak talk to you."

"Yes, sir."

"Well, I'm sure you probably know my daughter Onika." I nodded. "She doesn't have much people around her to hang with... How would you like to be her boyfriend?" Is he serious right now? I know Onika's pretty and all but I can't just date her out of the blue.

"Mr. Robert, I-..." He cut me off.

"I'm paying you." Oh, this just got interesting.

"How much?"

"Name your price."

"400 dollars."

"250 dollars."

"350 dollars."

"300 and we may not speak of this again."

"Deal." We shook hands on it.

Onika's POV

As usually on my Saturday mornings I was having my reinforced breakfast. Eggs, turkey bacon, pancakes, toast and a cup of tea. Usually I'd just have a bowl of cereal and I'm good to go.

After I was done, I grabbed the used tableware and put it in the sink. Halfway through washing the dishes the doorbell rang. I left it alone thinking someone else would get it but they kept ringing. But then I remembered I was the only one home considering my parents are almost never home and my sister was still sleeping. I cleaned my hands and went to answer the door.

To my surprise, Aubrey was at the door.

"Hey babe." He said.

"Hi?" I said, more like asked. I waited for him to say what he want but nothing. He just kept looking at me. "If you want me to do your homework, I will."

"No no... I'm not here for homework."

"Then what it is? Nicole is still sleeping, you can come back later."

He fell in a fit of chuckles. Is he playing with me or something? "I came to check up on you." He crossed his arms leaning on the door frame. Looks like he isn't going nowhere for now.

"What for? We're not friends."

"Don't need to get all defensive. I have my reasons."

"Which are?"

"Onika, believe it or not, I like you."

I raised an eyebrow at him. "Are you serious? Is this some kind of prank?"

"Nope. I'm all clean."

I stood on tippy toes to see if somebody was watching. "Are you sure you're alone here?"

"Positive."