Chapter 6

"Don't Forget About the Dinner Tonight and PLEASE DRESS APPROPRIATLEY" My mom hollers walking to her car headed to the office.

The one time i messed up dress code by wearing jeans and I'm still living it down. Oh well i already know what I'll be wearing tonight and since there's no practice plenty of time to get ready. Not like I even wear much makeup and stuff anyway.

I stop at McDonald's on the way to school. Nothing like a McMuffin and caramel frappe to start your day. And start on my stomach later.. I'm chewing the last bite of my steak biscuit when I hear the usual loud commotion echoing up the hallway. I arrive at my locker and pull out my books for class. I decide to jot down my observations on my Ipad. Lately i've had all sorts of ideas spilling over for the angle of this game. But for now still can't zero in on a concept and the deadline is in 3 months when the dance happens and the game is over in 1 more month.

Honestly I don't know what to do. I need some time to myself to figure all this out. I'm still writing down ideas when i hear Dash and the girls coming down the hall. I place my Ipad and books in my bag knowing that she'll have plenty to talk about this morning.

"Good Morning " I greet the girls.

They all chorus back a round of grumpy good mornings except for Dash. I look at Dash and notice that her makeup isn't done she isn't dressed to her normal standards cause really? Overalls? She looks like she doesn't care about anything. I could swear that there are tearstains on her face too!

"Dash are you okay" I ask sincerely.

"Peachy" she snorts.  I tell the girls we'll catch up at lunch and drag Dash to the nearest girls bathroom.

"Alright Spill It" I say bluntly

"Nothing to spill I got it handled" she replies as she turns to the mirror and begins touching up her makeup.

" I'll believe that when bacon stops being delicious" I snort " Now out with it, I know you're hurting Dash i know you" I say taking her hand in mine.

Her bottom lip begins to wobble and her eyes glisten with unshed tears.

She takes a deep breath before she starts...." Okay so I stopped at Starbucks for my morning mocha. I was in the back of the line when I heard Icky's minion Ashlyn talking on the phone being a pest as usual. I was tuning her out until I heard my name. So then she starts telling the person on the phone that Ivan fell for their plan and that Friday after the game she is gonna make her move on him. Then she talks about me and how I don't stand a chance because all she has to do is trick Ivan with her damsel in distress role. Then she starts taking about how i'm nothing compared to her and that she'll do whatever it takes to make sure I don't end up with Ivan. She even mentioned how it was all part of a bet for Ivan to give me his kiss and ask me out" Dash sobs.

Her legs give out from underneath her and she crumples to the floor. Well she would have if i hadn't caught her in my arms. My blood is boiling and I'm gonna go have some words. Preferably my fist is gonna do the talking this time. " So she thinks she can get Ivan" I quizzed keeping my tone level.

" No that's not the worst part" She cries

" Ivan is her tutor and she is scheduling an emergency session Friday night and he is supposed to be taking me out on our first date. So i walked out and got in my car and of course Ivan texted me saying that he was gonna see me at lunch, but I ignored him because I was on Instagram scrolling. Well i got a request from this page  called wolfpack unplugged and it was odd cause a pic of our them and our squad was the profile. So I accepted and then a message popped up saying that we ain't safe. They're gonna expose all of our secrets and personal lives on the internet if we don't stay away from The Wolfpack!!