Chapter 11

I woke up to my lovely alarm. The alarm from hell. Literally this thing is so complicated and only my parents can shut it off with some remote. Cause it comes through the entire house. Nothing but roosters crowing.. it really annoys us.

I add some product to my curls to define them and turn on my diffuser. While it turns on I pick out a pair of light wash jeans with a coral top from Pluxy. I pair it with white floral Jessica Simpson wedges. I do my makeup light just mascara and gloss today. Once I'm ready I head downstairs for breakfast. I smell banana chocolate chip pancakes. Which means mom is working from home today!! She always cooks when she's home. And true to form she stands over the stove in her mom jeans white top and tan flats humming a tune and flipping pancakes. The twins are already back at school. My sister and her husband left last night on a cruise to Jamaica. That just leaves me and the youngins. They're already seated at the bar eating.

Mom slides a plate of pancakes at my seat. She hasn't turned around from the stove yet.

"Mom are you okay" I ask
" she turns around and smiles but I notice the faint tear tracks on her face. She's been crying. It's rare to see my Mom cry. It's enough to break my heart.
"Mom where's Papa " my little sister asks her cheeks stuffed with pancakes.
"Kids there's something I need to tell you" she sighs.
"Your father is gonna be working in Hong Kong for a few weeks. He'll be back two weeks before your graduation Mae Mae" she says her lip wobbling.

It doesn't even phase me cause he's not around much anyway.
"Ok" I say shrugging my shoulders.
My siblings don't say anything. Cassie holds her head down forming a curtain with her hair. I know she's crying and my little brother Byork plays on his iPhone. Mom is gonna be lonely especially when she is taking a few weeks off to help prepare for the Europe unveiling.
" I gotta go I'll miss my bus" Byork says running to grab his backpack and out the door.
Cassie is finished eating and runs to watch cartoons in the living room she's 5 but gets homeschooled due to her special condition. So she has classes 3 times a week. Come to think of it I can't remember Cassie's condition.
I walk up to my mom and grab her into a hug. She doesn't say anything but the way she hugs me back I know there's something going on. She's not telling us something....
" I'm headed out momma call me if you need anything " I say softly. I kiss her cheek and tell her I love you as I head to my car. I don't feel right leaving her. Something is way off. As I drive to the school I keep thinking about that conversation mom and dad had last night. And now he suddenly has to go away to work earlier than expected?!?! Yeah I'm not buying it. I head to Brew'd to order my usual. A venti iced caramel chocolate decaf half cream half milk 2 sweetener packets and cranberry muffin. I'm just pulling off with my order when I get a text. It's from my brother Byork

BirdIe: I don't wanna be at school right now. My head hurts can you come get me???

Me: sure let me get caught up my morning classes and I'll sign you out.

I knew this would happen. He noticed Mom crying too! We both feel guilty leaving her in that state. It's unsettling cause we don't know what's going on.
I text the girls I'll be leaving early as I head to my first class.

Of course shiny pink stilettos are blocking my way. Icky stands at the door popping gum and looking citrusy fresh. Too much bronzer and foundation caked on. She's wearing a black mini skirt needs one more scrap of fabric to be considered minor and a white tank top. I try to go around her and she holds out her arm.

"Not in the mood so please shove it" I growl
"I don't know why you keep trying you'll never have what me and Haston have. I'm his first" she smirks proudly.today I'm already on edge and I can't control my mouth sooooo
" yeah and thankfully you're the last mistake he'll make.... The parenting class has free condoms and std testing today.. go sign up since Tim said he's been burning and itching since you gave him a bj" I smirk back
Her smile falters and her eyes narrow into slits
" Watch who you're talking to b**** I can ruin you"she says trying to look intimidating.
"We both know the only thing you ruin is my appetite with your disgusting excuse for fashion... you lack class you bought your a** you're faker than the acrylic nails you wear. Get a life and stay out of mine.... You don't know what I'm capable of" I say taking a step closer.