Chapter 8:

Nothing like sitting in a crowded car headed to eat with your best friends oh and your mothers.i couldn't focus. I kept thinking about Haston and his text message from last night. He's been acting really sweet lately I just don't know if I can trust him all the way.

The girls are busy chatting away and trying to stay distracted from Shay's driving. "Whoops my bad" she giggles as she launches the front tires onto the curb pulling in. Guess she didn't see the curb or the person walking. She barely missed hitting them.

Brielle isn't with us. She and her mom had to make an emergency flight to New York for business. She's been a little distant lately. Last night I could've swore she was upset about something. I know she said her mom has been making her help out more. But I just have this feeling I can't shake. She's been so out of it lately.

I snap out of my thoughts as we all double check our outfits. Knowing our mothers will show distaste is we aren't dressed appropriately. Appearance is everything to them... not to me . We enter the rooftop restaurant and search for our moms. We spot the table they've reserved and are sitting around. Drinks have already been ordered mango passion fruit iced tea and non alcoholic margaritas. We greet our mothers with hugs and kisses and take our seats.

"First off thank you ladies for meeting for the monthly mother-daughter brunch" Dorian chirps.

"Mom you didn't really give us much choice" Shay laughs
"I know.... You'd think you'd be willing by now to come to these brunches " she playfully rolled her eyes.

Dorian is the our mother hen and nobody messes with her pecking order. She's really like that.

"Okay before I announce the topics of today let's catch up" she squeals grabbing her tea.
"Fill my cup" she says leaning in.

"Okay so the annual cabin trip for the squad has been cancelled due to a lot of the girls failing classes" Shay said.

"They'll be going to the 1 week science tour as makeup assignments" Dasha laughed

"Kiss or Dismiss finally ends in 2 more weeks" Ericka offered

"I hit a parked car again" Shay rushed out

"That's great I'm glad that the school finally will get back to normal— YOU DID WHAT!!! " Dorian shouted turning to her daughter.

"Well you see mom it's a funny story you're gonna laugh" Shay said twisting her hair

"Enlighten me" Dorian glared

"It was after school I was ready to pull out of the parking lot and I dropped my phone so I bent down to get it and my foot slipped off the brake. I didn't even realize there was a car in front of me til I felt it" Shay explained

"I got the damage fixed on both cars and it only came to $2800 and that's great because—-"

"Because what" Dorian replied. "Shay money doesn't grow on trees... you need to be more responsible" she said calmly.

"Yes Momma" Shay replied keeping her head down
"Now it's already happened no point in crying over burnt biscuits" Dorian said. " You will be prohibited from driving privileges except for school, and you will pay back the $2800" Dorian exclaimed

"Mom it's already been paid back I gave Dad the money he said he would break the news to by you.. guess he never did" Shay bitterly replied

"Like that's a big surprise" Dorian said rolling her eyes and crossing her arms "That man stays gone so much you'd think he's married to that building"

Shay and her mom fall silent and all that's heard is the sipping of their tea.

"Honey elbows off the table and stop slouching...people are watching" Katie orders