The Accidental Summoning

Pete had been practicing his spellcasting for hours, trying to strengthen his weak magic with little success. Frustration gnawed at him as he attempted yet another incantation, only for sparks to fizzle out weakly from his fingertips.

"Just one more try," Pete muttered to himself, determined not to give up.

But as he focused his energy and chanted the words of the spell, something went terribly wrong. The air crackled with energy, and a sudden gust of wind swept through the room, extinguishing the candles that lined the walls.

Pete's heart raced as he stumbled back, his eyes widening in horror as a swirling vortex of darkness materialized before him. Out of the shadows emerged a figure, tall and menacing, with glowing red eyes that bore into Pete's soul.

The demon stood before him, his presence radiating a palpable aura of darkness. Clad in black robes that seemed to ripple like smoke, he exuded an air of malevolence that sent shivers down Pete's spine.

Pete's gaze shifted nervously from the demon to himself, taking in his own disheveled appearance. Dressed in worn-out robes adorned with patches and stains from years of use, he looked every bit the part of a struggling novice witch.

Before Pete could react, the demon spoke, his voice low and guttural. "Who dares summon me from the depths of Hell?"

Pete's voice caught in his throat as he stammered out an apology, explaining that it had been a mistake, that he had not meant to summon anyone, let alone a demon.

But the demon seemed unfazed by Pete's pleas, his eyes narrowing as he assessed the trembling witch before him. With a wave of his hand, he cast a spell that sent a jolt of energy through Pete's body, causing him to cry out in pain.

And then, just as suddenly as he had appeared, the demon vanished, leaving Pete alone in the darkness, shaken and bewildered by the encounter.

Pete's heart pounded in his chest as he stumbled backward, his body wracked with pain from the demon's spell. He collapsed to the floor, gasping for breath, his mind reeling from the shock of what had just happened.

Minutes passed in a blur as Pete lay there, his thoughts swirling with confusion and fear. He couldn't let this stand, couldn't let the demon's presence linger in his home, threatening everything he held dear.

Summoning all the strength he had left, Pete forced himself to his feet, his body trembling with exertion. Ignoring the lingering ache in his chest, he staggered over to his spellbook, his hands shaking as he flipped through the pages.

He had to find a way to undo what he had done, to banish the demon back to the depths of Hell where it belonged. But as he scanned the ancient runes and incantations, a sense of unease washed over him, a strange sensation gnawing at the edges of his consciousness.

Ignoring the warning signs, Pete forged ahead, his desperation driving him forward. With a shaky breath, he began to chant the words of a spell, his voice trembling with determination.

But as the incantation reached its climax, something went horribly wrong. The air crackled with energy, and a sudden gust of wind filled the room, extinguishing the candles that lined the walls.

Pete's eyes widened in horror as the swirling vortex of darkness reappeared before him, the demon stepping forth once more, his presence casting a chilling aura over the room.

The demon's eyes burned with fury as he beheld Pete, his lips curling into a cruel smirk. "You dare to defy me, little witch?" he sneered, his voice dripping with malice.

Pete's heart sank as he realized the gravity of his mistake. He had summoned the demon once again, this time with even more dire consequences.

As the realization washed over him, Pete knew that he had unleashed a force beyond his control, one that threatened to consume them both if they were not careful. And so, with a heavy heart and a newfound sense of determination, he vowed to make things right, no matter the cost.

But before Pete could react, the demon's expression twisted with rage. With a furious roar, he lunged forward, his hands closing around Pete's throat with a vice-like grip.

Pete gasped for breath, his vision swimming as he fought against the demon's strength. Tears welled up in his eyes as he struggled to break free, the weight of his mistake bearing down on him with crushing force.

But as quickly as it had begun, the demon released him, his expression contorted with shock and disbelief. "What have you done to me?" he growled, his voice trembling with anger and confusion.

Pete's heart ached with guilt as he looked up at the demon, his own fear mirrored in the creature's eyes. He had never intended for any of this to happen, never wanted to cause harm to anyone, let alone summon a demon into his home

This is the first chapter I hope y'all enjoyed 🤍