1. First Day

PS. Good news! Fred isn't dead in this!

 Good news! Fred isn't dead in this!

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

Chapter 1: First Day

As we all know, the war brought disastrous consequences bound to last years and years following its end: death, fear and fractured relationships throughout both families, friend groups and school cohorts. Having to attempt to go back to a normal way of living, facing the fallout of knowing which side each and every one of the people in your life chose in the war. Not only that, but having to spend far more than one second in the proximity of the people who chose the wrong side. Whether out of cowardice, pride, or fear.

Tragically, this was the reality of some of the people returning to Hogwarts following the war. While most of the students, professors, and other personnel did indeed chose the right side (that being that of Harry Potter, the boy who lived, twice), that could not be said of everyone.

Yet, in a time of tumult and change, life at Hogwarts had to go on, and what better witch for it go go on under than Minerva McGonagall. Utterly deserving of the headmistress title, having proven her loyalty and devotion to the school over and over again across the years.

As wizards and witches all across the globe attempt to make sense of the devastation caused by the war, Headmistress McGonagall establishes that Hogwarts need to open its doors to students. Despite being far from the school it once was, both physically and academically, students who were enrolled the last year during the war were welcomed back to continue their education, in some cases to solidify their degrees and receive the true ending to the Hogwarts experience and graduation they deserved. At least as close as possible.

According to Minerva, the school needed to fight to get its spirit back, and plunging traumatized, half-way graduated wizards and witches into the workforce so close following the war sounded irresponsible at best, and dangerous at worst. Hogwarts still had a reputation to uphold, especially now in order to guarantee the next generation of trustworthy wizards and witches, and the wizarding world still needed to be shielded from the ordinary lives of muggles unaware of the catastrophe that had just occurred.

And so, slowly but surely the corridors of the school were starting to fill with students ranging from first years to (last year's) last years. Even though a big part of the battles were carried out on this very castle ground, in these very corridors, the school remained a safe place for many after the war. And soon enough, the spaces were bustling with life, and robes were once again flying through the air as students ran to catch their classes, or perhaps catch a staircase that had shown signs of moving.

While not back to normal, and probably never would be, the school was alive, and academic curiosity was as thriving as ever. And worth to mention, so was mischief.

Between the Cracks  //  𝓕𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓦𝓮𝓪𝓼𝓵𝓮𝔂जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें