17. Tea

Chapter 17: Tea

Chapter 17: Tea

Leigh had ended up forgiving Nova quite quickly. She stumbled upon her in the corridor one day, and Nova had immediately started to profusely apologise. The words seemed to exit her like a flood, and Leigh had to strain her ears to fully distinguish the words from each other.

She told her of how she had felt bad and had been a horrible friend and how, when she saw Leigh "–in the common room the other night with Hermione and God I felt so bad. I was really blunt and horrible and I know you're going through something right now, and that's fine, and I just – you know – I just didn't mean it!" She had grabbed Leigh's arm, looking at her pleadingly. "Please forgive me?" Judging by the grip she held on Leigh's arm it seemed like she had to forgive her to ever again know freedom.

She looked at her friend's face, her big eyes and slight pout as she awaited Leigh's answer. Finally, Leigh sighed, dismissing their last encounter with a wave of her hand. "It's alright, forget it."

She barely had time to finish her words before Nova flung her arms around her neck, squeezing tightly and almost asphyxiating her. By some miracle she survived the hug, which she loosely returned.

Herbology was spent partnered up with Nova. Louise, Neville's partner, was back, and the two of them seemed to be very giggly and close throughout the whole class. Everything seemed to have gone back to normal.

Still, Leigh felt this constant state of embarrassment ever since she had cried so heavily in the common room, in Hermione's arms. She was used to keeping her emotions to herself, and all of a sudden she had so clearly displayed them to her friend, and Leigh couldn't seem to come to terms with it.

Thankfully, only Hermione and Nova knew. Hermione had said to her time and time again that it was fine, and Leigh was sure neither of them had told anyone of the encounter. Still, it felt embarrassing and awkward no matter what.

Despite her minor breakdown where she had been comforted by Hermione, the guilt kept eating at her, and she desperately pushed it down as she attempted to continue with her studies.

Sometimes she cursed herself for being too high-functional. Now here she was, feeling drained, left having to keep up the act, with group-work, advanced classes and projects, when all she really wanted to do was drop everything.

On top of all her usual classes, homework and group assignments she had agreed to visit Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes today, to see the finished shop before their grand opening on Saturday.

Once she arrived to the familiar building in Hogsmeade she decided not to knock, but instead just step inside, and was soon faced by a colourful view in front of her. Much more colourful than the last time she had been here.