10. Weasleys Wizard Wheezes

Chapter 10: Weasleys Wizard Wheezes

The week had gone by quickly, and soon Leigh found herself trudging her way down the Hogwarts grounds on her way to Hogsmeade for her second ever meeting with the Weasley twins. Her classes had ended for the day, and while she was tired she also enjoyed the fresh air and a walk after having been inside for the whole day.

The news of the Hogsmeade excursion that was soon to come, in about one and a half weeks, had been the topic of discussion for most students, and she almost felt sneaky as she made her way to the destination before everyone else. She hadn't checked with McGonagall if her going to Hogsmeade to meet the twins was permitted, but assumed it was considering the task she had been assigned.

It really wasn't a long way to walk, and she was surprised that not more students sneaked off school property to go visit unattended. Or maybe they had, she just hadn't heard about it. She made a mental note to ask the twins about such mischievous behaviour – if anyone would know about it, it's them.

It was quicker to walk than expected, and soon enough she walked between the quaint houses of Hogsmeade, peeking into shop windows curiously. She considered stepping into Honeydukes to get herself some treats, but soon decided against it. It was already late enough, and she was sure the shops were closing any second.

She looked around for a few seconds before her eyes finally landed on what she was looking for: something orange. The building where Zonko's was previously situated was now orange, and 'Weasley's Wizard Wheezes' was spelled out in big, orange letters. Quite an eye watering view actually, and not in a good way.

Against better judgement, Leigh stepped towards the building, raising her fist and softly knocked upon the closed door. For a second she thought about turning away, running for her life and hiding behind a bush, but she came to her senses and stood in place.

Just before she was going to knock again, the door swung open, revealing one of the twins with a wide, toothy smile. "Welcome!"

Leigh still had some trouble telling the twins apart, much to her embarrassment. She desperately tried to look for any tells she had thought of before, and quickly whacked herself over the head when she remembered their different hair. The twin in front of her had slightly shorter hair which didn't quite curl along his neck like the other's.

Realizing she had probably stared at his neck for way too long, she flushed red, and he grinned in amusement before opening his mouth again.

"George." The two of them uttered simultaneously, and Leigh could feel her face heating up even more. This interaction proved to be more embarrassing than she thought. However, George didn't seem to share her view.

"Aha!" George continued with a grin, "You're learning!"

Before she had an opportunity to reply, or apologise for staring, the door swung open and George did a small bow to playfully invite her to step into the shop.