CHAPTER 7* Two feet apart *

Sierra's POV

Sometimes we think we have everything planned out, that everything will go according to our thoughts

Sometimes we think we have everything planned out, that everything will go according to our thoughts. But reality is were not in control. I've always imagined myself being in my office working my ass off running from here and there trying to get everything done for my boss. But that was never the case, when we're young all we have are these illusions of a bright and smooth future without any flows. My childhood was hell and I thought I was going to be someone to make a difference. I thought that I would be better than that, what I never imagined was that I was gonna become a psychopath. Of course I'm fucking rich I have everything I ever wanted but I'm a murderer.

I'm cut out of my thoughts with the sound of my alarm. I quickly get off my bed and make my way towards the mirror to see my reflection. I few minutes passed by when I realized that I have to get ready for the event. In a panic I rushed into the bathroom to take I quick shower.

I got out of the bathroom and walked into the closet to get the outfit that I had chosen. I took the dress from where I hanged it along with a pair of strapped black stilettos, jewelry and designer hand bag. I walked out of the closet wearing a sleeveless silk body tight black dress with a thigh high slit on the left thigh. I wore my heels and matching jewelry, I put some mascara, eyeliner, red lipstick and eyeshadow.
Once I was done with my makeup I ironed my hair straight which reached to my waist and I decided to curl the red tides at the end.

Once I was done I looked at at myself once more and I was satisfied with my look.
' nothing to please just a bunch of old men ' my subconscious said.

I took my blade from the drawer and strapped it under my dress as well as a gun. I put another gun in my hand bag, spare bullets and a syringe containing a drug. I tucked my phone in the hand bag and made my way down stairs and walked over to the kitchen. I got some apple juice in the fridge and poured it into a cup and some toast, I ate up and went outside.

I met with Pablo who was outside along with my men and four black SUVs. Once he noticed my presence he greeted

"Good morning ma'am." I hummed in response and he opened the door for me and we drove off.

*****

We arrived at the mansion after a three hour drive. Cars were fully packed and others were still arriving. I wore my mask and got out of the car, although I would be the only one wearing a mask at this event. I can't risk people knowing my identity, all my men rounded up waiting for my instructions.

"Pablo, you are coming with me. The rest of you be alert I need one car at the back exit, five of you patrolling inside and if there's any problem speak to me through the ear piece." I instructed

"Understood." They said in unison.

We made our way to the entrance with Pablo's hand hooked in mine. We were greeted by the guards at the door and they nodded to us. I walked in and I saw the place was fully packed. I grabbed two glasses of Champaign from the waiter, I gulped down one glass and gave it back and made my way to the stage to make my appearance.

"Good evening everyone, I hope y'all are enjoying as much as I am, I'm glad you could make. Today we are gathered here to celebrate my partnership with the Sinaloa cartel as I am now the first in command of the trade routes." I announced and with immediate effect they applauded.

"Cheers!" I said as I raised my glass and everyone with their respective click toasted.

I got off the stage and made my towards the big round table were Carlos and some other men were seated, before I could take anymore steps I decided to look around for Pablo as I turned around I hit a hard rock chest and my glass shattered on the floor. Some of the drink was splattered on my dress and I got real mad. I raised my head to see the bastard who ruined my dress and I met with a pair of steaming grey eyes. He was tall about 6'1 with a mascular physique with tattoos on his forearm. He was incredibly handsome, to say he was handsome is an understatement to the point where I can't even describe how good looking he is. I think I might faint...
Is this a fucking dream is he even real !!! Seirra wake up!

I kept staring at him and even forgot the situation I was in.

"Imbecile you ruined my dress." I said through gritted teeth. He just asked for a death wish. I quickly turned on my heel without another glance and walked to the exit to find a bathroom. I found one down the hallway I entered and tried to clean the stain but it wouldn't come off.

"Fuck!" I muttered to myself. I removed the mask and tossed it across the room. I dialled Pablo's number and he answered immediately.

"Where are you?" I asked

"In the main room." He replied

"Bring me casual clothes and shoes immediately." I ordered and without another word I hung up.

I decided to wait for Pablo in the washroom and I heard heavy footsteps approaching, I took out my gun and loaded it, the footsteps stopped and the doorknob was turned. The door creaked open and I pointed it directly at the person, only to reveal the most handsome guy I've met in my twenty two years of living and also the reason for my problems.

"Woah!" He said in surprise as he raised his hands up in surrender.

"What do you want?" I asked still point the gun directly between his eyes.

"I just wanted to apologize for the dress." He said, he dropped his hands with his silky black curly hair covering his eyes. He entered the washroom and closed the door.
The guts this man has,
I gave a slight chuckle.

"What? you surprised I'm not scared, Diabla?" He asked.

Damn this man!
I was left speechless as to who he is and what he wants and besides I have a lot of enemies so it's not so shocking.

"Who are you?" I asked and he rolled he's eyes.
Oh ok...

"Don't worry we'll get there, but first I want us to have a chat if you're not scared that is." He said.

"Me scared? Bitch you have no idea." I turned around and grabbed the phone on my sink and called Pablo.

"Boss I have what you asked for, where should I bring it?" He asked.

"I'll let you know, I'm a bit occupied." I informed him. Before he could say anything gun shots were fired which I could here through my ear piece.

"Boss our men have been shot." He informed worry evident in his voice.

"Wait for my next instructions." I said before hanging up the phone. My attention was diverted to the man standing infront of me with a smirk plastered on his face. I've never been tested like this before, I was literally fuming in anger. Suddenly my phone lit up and I checked my screen, I found a text message from Pablo.

Pablo; Adonis Vinci is behind everything.
He also sent me a picture of him which was taken.

And that's when realization hit me I raised my head up to look at him.

I'm two feet apart from an Italian don.

Authors note 💕

Hey peeps :-)
Sorry for the late update here's another chapter, I hope you loved it and special thanks for those who took their time to read my book❤️.