Prologue - Tutor

"Jason, I will need to see you after class."

Jason was in the third row, the farthest seat to the left. Now, he could tell everyone, even the students in the back, were staring at him.

"Why me?" Jason asked, putting his pencil down on his desk, staring at his maths teacher.

"You'll see why." The teacher had muttered, seconds before the bell rung. "Class is dismissed. Don't forget to do your homework! Have a good Friday, everyone, and a good weekend as well!"

Jason rolled his eyes as he heard him speak, shoving his notebook and pencil into his backpack. He got up, swinging it over his shoulder and adjusted it, walking up to his teacher's desk. "What?"

"You've seen your grades, yes?" He sat down, staring up at Jason. His fingers were intertwined with each other as he spoke. He spoke in concern, which surprised Jason a bit considering he was always a serious teacher.

"Yes, it's a C-, isn't it?"

"No, I updated the grades."

"Okay, then what is it? An A?"

"An F-."

Jason stared as he heard those words get spoken. He couldn't believe it, he's never had an F- in his entire school career. "Surely it's a mistake?" He breathed out, blinking slowly a few times.

"It's not, no. Considering this is your senior year, and the last two months of school, you are to be appointed a tutor."

Jason scoffed. "A tutor? What if I don't want one? I'm not struggling or anything!"

"I beg to differ, Jason."

"Mr. Wood, please. I don't want a tutor, nor do I need one." Jason rubbed his face, fixing his glasses a bit. They were a little smeared, but he was too desperate to get out of his current situation that he didn't care.

Mr. Wood shook his head. "It'll be only until Tuesday, so see if you'd like to upkeep the tutoring."

"I'll tell you on Tuesday that I don't want it, then."

"You can never be too sure, Jason Reed."

Jason stared at his teacher yet again when he spoke out his full name. What is he trying to get at? Jason wondered, heaving a heavy sigh at last.

"Who's my tutor?" He finally asked, not looking away from Mr. Wood at all.

He nodded his head at the door. "You may come in."

The tutor was there the entire time? Sounds like a disturbing deal. Jason turned his head at the door to await for the person who was going to tutor him for the next five days.

A tall, brown-haired boy at the age of seventeen walked through the door, then immediately made eye contact with Jason.

"E-Emil?!" Jason sputtered, turning to look at Mr. Wood, absolutely dumbfounded. "You can't be serious, make anyone else my tutor!"

"I agree." Emil nodded his head, not moving his spot. "I would rather die than tutor him. Anyone else would be splendid."

"Glad we're on the same page." Jason rolled his eyes.

"Now, now, its only for a few days." The teacher assured him, which made Emil make a gagging face.

"Five days too long!" Emil coughed, Jason nodding in agreeance. "Look, we both hate each other. This isn't going to work out."

"It's either you're my tutor, or I fail to graduate high school."

"That would be amusing! I can just imagine you, walking up to the stand about to receive your diploma, then hearing the loud booming noise of 'Jason Reed, you will not be receiving your diploma due to failing maths'!"