Chapter Ten - Failure

Shortly after school and stopping at Jason's front door, Emil had suddenly stopped and grabbed him by the arm. He was fighting tears, as Jason turned to face him, extremely confused. "Are you alright?" He'd ask, more and more confusion rising in his chest. Why did he suddenly seem so scared?

"I can't stay with you tonight." Emil began, shaking his head, and now started to visibly cry. As more tears had fallen down his cheeks and freed from his face onto the ground, he started speaking again. "I have to go home, it's ordered by my father. He told me to come home, this morning, through the phone. I've been gone too long, I-"

Emil was stopped from talking any further by a sharp and stern tone from Jason. "You aren't going back to that house. I'm not having the chance that you end up getting beat the shit out of!" 

"I can't!" Emil had sounded much more panicked now. "If he finds out I disobeyed him, he'll know where I am!"

"Again, why can't I call 911 on his ass?!" Jason was trying not to get infuriated, but was quickly failing as he was now beginning to raise his voice. "He's abusive, in more ways than one! He killed your sister, have you forgotten that? Sending him away to where he belongs would be a good thing for the entire society!"

"It's so hard to explain." Emil's voice dropped to a low whisper. "Just let me go, please... I'll see you in the morning. Okay?" He leaned forwards to give Jason a small kiss on the cheek before pulling back. He wiped his face to relieve himself of the burning stained tears on his face, only to be faced with more tears that hurt his face more than before. "I promise you he won't do anything, especially if I do as he says." 

Jason only had a glare glinted in his eyes. He had no trust whatsoever. He could either let Emil go, and he wouldn't get hurt, or he would; he knew his father was a pathological liar; or he could make him stay, but get hurt in the end and it would all be pinned onto him. He took his wrist rather hard, but Emil had said nothing about the possible pain that could have occurred, but Jason loosened his grip anyways, yet was still holding onto it securely. "Please be safe, darling...just please." 

__

Jason, the next school morning, was quickly pacing back and forth around his and Emil's usual meeting spot. He'd be here by now, yet he wasn't, and Jason's anxiety was quickly spiking up. He was worried, maybe he got genuinely hurt? He tried not to think about it, but he wasn't going to calm down even the slightest until he saw Emil at least alive.

"Jason Reed?" 

He quickly spun around to face one of the school faculty members, immediately clouded in confusion. What does she want with me? Have I done something? No...school hasn't even started yet. He took a deep breath in case of any preparation, as he answered back. "Yeah?" 

"The principal wants you in the office, for a minute, please." 

What is this about? I haven't done anything... With a nod, he sighed once more but more in disappointment rather than anything else. "Alright... I'll be there." The faculty member nodded, as Jason's anxiety began spiking up more than it did before. 

As he began walking down the hallways, he noticed his hands starting to shake uncontrollably. Did something happen to Emil? Is this what this is about? He isn't here yet...

__

Awaiting in the principal's office only made Jason more and more nervous. Tapping his foot against the floor and messing with his fingers were the main signs. If he weren't to get an answer soon, on what this was about, he was sure to have some sort of panic attack...if that were to happen, Emil wouldn't be around to help him. 

"Jason, you know who Emil is, right? Emil Harbroken?" 

So this is about him! Fuck, what happened?! He was too panicked to allow any form of words to audibly be heard from his mouth, so he only nodded, while his foot was tapping faster against the carpet floor.

"He's currently... hospitalized. His father was convicted of child abuse, and he's now in jail, now..." 

Jason couldn't hear anything else. After hearing the word 'hospitalized', his panic grew more than ever before. He quickly stood up, nearly falling. His legs were beginning to fail on him, as he was beginning to cry nonstop, and ugly, too. He was blocking everything out. He was sure he knew what hospital he was being held in, as he then immediately ran out of the office, and out for the school itself. 

__

Jason ran into the hospital doors, running up to the desk. He was wheezing, coughing a lot from all of his consistent running. Once asked what he was doing here, his voice was high-pitched, but loud and frantic. "I want to see Emil Harbroken! He's here, isn't he? I'm his boyfriend!"

The front-desk lady was looking through some papers, taking a deep breath. "You can't see him right now."

"That's bullshit!" His voice was growing louder and more frantic. "Let me see him! Please, I have to know if he's okay!" He then glared at her, gripping onto the desk counter. "He's all I have right now besides my mother, just please! He's alive, isn't he?!" 

"Sir, please calm yourself..." 

He couldn't believe what he was hearing. Telling him to calm down? He wasn't even getting an answer on if he was even alive or not. At this point, for all he knew, he could be considered as deceased, dead. "Calm down? You want me to calm down? Give me an answer on if he's alive, and then maybe we'll see if I calm down!"

"I will get security." 

"Now I'm being threatened? Come on, you deal with this every day, don't you!? I'm worried, I just want a simple yes or no on if he's okay or just...even alive! I know what happened, I know he was most likely horrifically abused by his own father!" 

Just then, doctors had quickly run past Jason, seeming frantic. There were around five of them, all panicked and yelling. He hadn't been able to tell what any of the doctors were saying, except a few phrases.

"...Attention to Room 7!"

"...Lining! I repeat...," 

He then heard one sentence that changed his entire mood, drastically in a negative way.

"Room 7, Emil Harbroken! He's flatlining!"

__

End of Chapter Ten - Failure
(Ah yes extreme angst already :3 its all I had for ideassss...) 

End Word Count - 1112 Words