Backstabber

Tom's pov:

I was with my friend group when the topic of my girlfriend came up. I was dating Nicole Tomiczak. She was super shy so no one really knew what she was like so they would often talk about her but she didn't care. Though she was quiet she was still amazing and she was gorgeous too.
"She's such a freak you know? She just kinda sits there and doesn't try and interact..it's kinda creepy.. we don't get why you're dating her Tom. Ella is way better..she isn't a waste of space And she's hot." Braydon shrugged pulling out a cigarette everyone else in the group snickered. I felt pure rage but I didn't want to get made fun of.
"Well I'm kind of dating her as a joke you know? To make her feel special and to see how long she takes to realize no one actually loves her." I chuckled awkwardly. It's not like she would find out I said that right..? And it wasn't true anyway I actually really loved Nicole. Landon laughed and nodded in agreement.
"So true bro..she might seem smart but it's already been 2 months and she doesn't notice anything.." he chuckled. I noticed the guys go quiet and I looked behind me..

Nicole's pov:

ASSHOLE. I was so stupid to think Tom ACTUALLY loved me! I mean he was the hottest and most popular guy in school.. I tapped him on the shoulder and his eyes widened.
"Nikki baby-" he stuttered but I shut him up with a harsh jab in the chest with my finger.
"You don't get to call me that.. I should've KNOWN it was a joke. People only talk about me when they need something to gossip about. Well now they do. I'm now going to be known as the stupid quiet girl that got asked out as a fucking joke." My voice was harsh and sharp like a knife. I was about to cry but I wouldn't dare embarrassing myself further. I didn't let any one of the guys speak before I stormed off and let out sobs when I was far enough away. I got in my car and drove home. I flopped on my bed and sobbed into my pillow. I wasn't one to cry over guys but this time it really hurt.. Tom blew up my phone but I just shut it off. After a bit I heard knocking on my door and groaned.
"What." I grumbled annoyed. I looked up and saw bill, Tom's twin brother. Bill was a sweetheart and we spoke a lot most people were shocked he could get me to speak but I was dating his brother..
"Before you shut the door Tom wanted me to ask you to come to his basketball game..I know you hate him and probably hate me too but he really wants to make it up to you.." he begged giving me puppy eyes. I crumbled and agreed. He clapped his hands with excitement. I went to change and decided on a tight black crop top and my low rise miss me jeans. It was a simple outfit but I didn't want to make myself get more attention than I probably would get. I Did my makeup and headed to the game. I sat on the bleachers and got some snickers and funny looks but I didn't care it was like I had no soul..the coach stood in the center and held a microphone.
"Thank you everyone for attending this basketball game and for showing school spirit! But before we bring out the players I have a little announcement or more like one of my players do.." he stepped to the side and Tom stood in his place.

Tom's pov:

I grabbed the microphone from the coach and took a deep breath. The guys gave me a small thumbs up and I made eye contact with her..she rolled her eyes and had a cold expression on her face. I gulped.
"So you all know that I dated this girl Nicole..and I said some pretty awful stuff about her behind her back..and now she hates me and for good reason. Nicole I really do love you..you are so special and because of you I haven't thought of kissing other girls I know what love feels like now because of you..and what I said was so stupid and not true at all so please can you come up here and let me show you how special you are.." bill encouraged her and she made her way down the bleachers. When she was in front of me I wrapped my arms around her and kissed her. Sure I could've done this another time but I needed the whole school to know I loved her..like really loved her. People cheered and I kissed her cheek before the game started. The game soon ended and we won! I ran to her and spun her around. She giggled and wrapped her arms around me. I put her down and she looked down at the ground.
"Did you really date me as a joke..? Is it true no one loves me?" She looked at me about to cry. I kissed her again.
"No nothing I said was true I was stupid to choose my friends opinions over you.." I reassured. I knew she would never trust me 100% again but hopefully she still loved me. She smiled softly and pulled down my shoulders so she could kiss my cheek. I chuckled and wrapped my arms around her and my friends apologized to her and we talked till we left. We were walking to our cars and she was about to get in her car but I held her by her waist.
"I really want you to go home tonight knowing I love you." I stroked her cheek softly and she nodded and kissed my cheek. Smiled and we went home.