Stolen necklace

Tom's pov:

I needed money for a new motorcycle and my eyes landed on Nicole's Emerald necklace. She wouldn't mind right? She was in the shower so I swiped it and sold it before she got out. Within 15 minutes someone had offered to pay it. And it was done. The necklace had been sold. I got the money and searched for new motorcycles. She got out and peaked her head out from the bedroom door.
"Hey babe have you seen my necklace it was right here" I had to pretend I didn't know. I felt bad lying but it's just a necklace. Soon I got the bike and Nicole had asked about it. I decided to just come clean. She wasn't very happy..
"Babe chill it's just a necklace you have many" I argued she broke down and I stood there confused.
"It's not just a necklace asshole! It's the necklace Eric gave me before he died!" She sobbed shaking hard. My heart dropped..Eric was Nikki's best friend who had died. I tried comforting her but she pushed me away and grabbed her stuff and left. I ran after her but she had driven away but not before making a huge key mark on the side of the motorcycle. Yeah I guess i deserved it...luckily with a bit of paint it looked like new. I was able to get the money back and asked the buyer if I can get the necklace back and luckily they were understanding and gave it back. I picked it up and boxed it up. I drove around trying to find her and saw what seemed to be her at a grave sobbing. This never would've happened if I wasn't so selfish. I got out and knelt beside her and embraced her. She didn't push away like earlier and cried into my chest. I shushed her softly.
"I failed him..." she said through tears and I said nothing and just held her. She stopped crying and I helped her up. We got in my car and drove home. She fell asleep in the passenger seat and I found this the perfect moment to slip it onto her neck. I rubbed her knee.
"I failed you..my angel.." I whispered running my hand through her hair. Soon we arrived home and I placed her on the bed and felt the guilt eat me. An hour or so later I felt arms wrap around my shoulders. I looked up and saw Nicole's face.
"You didn't have to do that hun..." she mumbled.
"I wanted to...it was YOUR necklace that I stole..." I pulled her into my lap and she hugged me.
"I miss him.." she whispered into my neck.
"I know baby... I know.." I rubbed her back and I held her the rest of the day