I didn't mean to

Nicole's pov

It was probably 9 at night when Tom came home. I could tell he was pissed for whatever reason. I got up and hugged his waist to try and calm him down but he only yelled at me to get off. I jumped back and apologized. He rolled his eyes and to my surprise he shoved me to the ground harshly and went into the room.

Tom's pov:

I got home at maybe 9 and was in a horrible mood. I felt arms wrap around me..arms of my own girlfriend and just snapped. I yelled at her to get off of me and saw her flinch away. I rolled my eyes. All I wanted was to go to bed so I shoved her away unknowing how hard I shoved her and went to the room to get changed for bed. As I was about to fall asleep I heard faint crying but chalked it up to the tv.

The next day: Tom's pov:

I woke up feeling better from yesterday and noticed Nicole wasn't in bed with me. I shrugged and went to make coffee. It was around 8 in the morning so I was surprised when I saw her on the counter drinking tea. But to my surprise her eyes were puffy and her body was trembling slightly with her pale cheeks stained red. She clearly did not sleep and had been crying. She was wearing a tank top and shorts so I was shocked when I saw big dark bruises on her left arm and leg. She didn't look at me and only kissed my cheek before disappearing into the room. I felt awful..our strength was completely different so a light push to me would be a full on shove to her. I slowly waked into our room and heard the shower running so I assumed that's where she was. I waited for her to get out so I could apologize. She got out and was clearly surprised I was there. I wrapped my arms around her and pulled her into my chest while tracing the bruises along her body. I couldn't help but cry a bit.
"I'm so sorry meine Engel..I didn't mean to hurt you.." I muttered into her hair taking In the fresh scent. She wrapped her arms around me and rubbed up and down a bit. Instantly soothing me.
"It's fine Tom it doesn't hurt..I'm okay." I could tell that was absolutely bullshit.
"No it's not..I shouldn't have pushed you. I shouldn't have taken my anger out on the person I care about the most.." I swayed her to the side a bit. She smiled softly. I picked her up and placed her on the bed and snuggled into her. She giggled and ran her fingers through my hair.
"My gorgeous angel.." I muttered. She stroked my cheek and placed soft kisses on it. I blushed and smiled. I brushed some hair out of her face and kissed her forehead.
"I really am sorry and I really do love you." I told her.
"I know Tom..everyone loses it sometimes." She assured. I nodded softly and held her tightly.
"I love you Tom.." she muttered. I smiled and returned her affirmation and we dozed off.