ten

Blue-green eyes watched as cars passed him by. For the longest time, he had been perplexed and even fearful of the gargantuan moving pieces of machinery. Once a time, more times than he could count, he wanted to stand right in front of one and test and see if he was really immortal. For so long, he hated life, if he could even call whatever this was life. He hated life and hated death. It was bittersweet, death, because the Long eternal sleep... the peace he craved would never come. He couldn't just turn his mind off, filled with so many hidden dark secrets that had never been given a voice.

Like a fucking coward, he'd ran away. Ran away from all form of responsibility, and accountability. Ran away from himself. But, the woman who sat across from him now had forced him to accept every single one of them.

"Tell me about yourself." That one sentence scared the shit out of him, had him sweating bullets and he felt sick to his stomach. What was there to tell? He was a pitiful waste of a human when he'd been one and he wasn't much better now as a vampire. The only thing he could semi-do right was fuck and that was only because he'd had nearly 200 years of practice. Even still, thoughts running a mile a minute, he said the first thing that came to his mind.

"I'm far from interesting." Tonight made night number three that the two of them had "tried" to create some form of genuine connection to each other. The first two nights had been complete shit shows and it was painfully obvious that she would have rather been somewhere else.

The worst thing, of many, was an uncomfortable woman and the self loathing further dug into his stomach knowing that he was the reason for it. He wished that he could turn it off, the raging hunger for her blood, the insatiable lust for her body. He knew he was way past the normal definition of obsession and damn his soul to hell, he couldn't get enough.

It wasn't just her outward beauty or her body that enticed him, it was her intellect, grace and feminine energy that left him hard as fuck every time they met. He couldn't keep excusing himself to go beat his meat in the bathroom.

"Did you hear me?" His cheeks aglow with embarrassment at being sidetracked, he gave her a smile of apology.

"Please, repeat yourself, Miss Laurier. I'm sorry."

"I said, think of something." Ah, yes. he had better think of something quick or else she'd get up and leave. And it would be a tragedy to have the lovely creature across from him leave.

She'd tried her best to blend into the scene, with a delightfully short black velvet mini dress and sheer black colored stockings held by heart shaped garters that stretched around the thickest part of her thighs. Auburn ringlets were lifted up and away from her neck, secured with a shiny black claw clip. Adorning that minuscule throat was a matching collar with a silver heart in the middle. Those small yet full lips were covered in a luxurious shade of red. Think, you horny bastard. Licking his lips, he glanced down at his shoes and tried to casually cross his legs.

"Hm...well...I um...I was once apart of British Nobility..."

"Was?"

"Yeah. I um...I wasn't very popular believe it or not."

"Judging from those memories you shared, I highly doubt that." The pink in his cheeks grew a deeper shade of red now.

"That's... different."

"Oh, is it?" She asked, crossing her arms.

"I thought we were trying to turn a new page here, Ms. Laurier."

"I thought so too but you're making this awkward." At that, he deflated and pressed his entire body back against the couch, covering his face with his hands.