eleven

"How's things been going with the panty-sniffer?" Looking up from her desk, she saw Sarah not looking too excited.

"Ehhhh it's been okay."

"You're better than me because I woulda just buried him ten feet under and kept going." Inwardly sighing, she reached for her stack of books that needed to be returned to their shelves.

"Walk with me?" Leaving her desk, the two of them headed in the intended direction.

"He hasn't tried anything and I haven't seen him ever come back to my apartment either."

"Well, that's a relief. Guess my threats worked."

"What threats?"

"I told him if he ever broke into your house again, I was gonna cut off that pretty boy face of his and wear it as a mask." Her eyes bugged out her head and her neck twisted quickly as she looked at her.

"Sarah!"

"Sarah my ass. I meant ever word of it too."

"Geez." Grinning now at her surprise, the older woman kept tagging along, crossing her arms as she began to stock the shelves.

"How long have you two been seeing each other?" She grew stiff then, right around her neck.

"First of all, don't say it like that. You make it sound like we're dating."

"Mmhm,"

"Seriously, I'm just doing this outta curiosity. When's the last time you ever got to talk to a two hundred year old man?"

"I gotta say it is a once in a lifetime opportunity."

"Thank you,"

"So, what'd you learn about him? Anything to give you a clue about why he has air for a brain?"

"Sarah, chill."

"I will not. I don't like that bastard." She sighed and kept reshelving.

"This time, we met at a coffee spot downtown. He's a teacher, can you believe that?"

"Poor kids, teaching them to be a freak just like him."

"He actually teaches college."

"Again, poor kids." Trying not to laugh, she huffed and clutched her books, beginning to go in another direction.

"You're being mean. Why does he get under your skin so much?" She asked, glancing at her friend.

"Don't know. He just makes my butthole itch."

"Not the butthole,"

"So, he's a teacher you said."

"Yeah. He teaches anthropology."

"Oh."

"Yeah,"

"Hm."

"Good hm or bad hm?"

"Neither. Just hm." She took that as her sign to continue,

"It's fascinating to talk to him... I admit it's kinda my guilty pleasure. He knows so much. I mean... he's seen so much. More than any book can ever tell you." At that, Sarah smiled some, which made her pause.

"You're like a little kid in a candy store, Jas. It's cute." At her pout, she snickered.

"Guess he's not as bad as we thought. You like him, don't you?"

"Whoa now! Let's not assume that."

"Okay. My bad." She helped her then to restock faster as she had an entire cart and soon the two of them made it back to her work station.