twenty

** SPICY material ahead** 

She felt like she was losing her mind. He wasn't answering her phone calls or text messages. The line of communication was even dead when she tried to reach out to him with her thoughts.

It pissed her off, how easily he could just up and disconnect from her like she wasn't worth a damn thing, like he hadn't wasted her time.

You wasted his time. The thought cut into her. You didn't know what you wanted. She stopped caring about understanding it. She had long since stopped caring, as she found herself sitting in the parking lot of his college. Days in and days out, she watched that balding bitch press herself against him as they walked out to their cars. Stood in the hallways, watching them walk to the lunch room.

God, this wasn't like her. None of this was like her. She didn't... do stuff like this. But, she was too far in now to quit and it became like an itch that needed scratched, a nagging need to see what that hoe was doing around him.

"Jas?" Shades on and sitting low in her seat, she lifted the phone to her ear.

"Yeah, what's up?"

"Are you not sleeping well? You seemed out of it today at work."

"Truthfully no. I haven't." Eyes watched them come out of the building.

"Is it Lio?" Just the mention of his name made her eyes watery.

"I know you've been in the dumps since you two got in that argument a few weeks back."

"Mmhm," There she was touching him and she gripped the phone tighter against her ear.

"Did you decide on something? Like, was there a result from it?"

"He's not talking to me. He's ignoring me."

"That's an asshole move,"

"Yeah but it's fine."

"I know you liked him a lot, Jazzy."

"I still like him."

"Oh,"

"I'm going to go to him since he won't come to me." Sarah for a moment was quiet before she sighed into the phone.

"Just be careful, Jasper." The two now separated and for a moment, her heart stopped as he turned his head and looked in her direction. Sinking down further until she couldn't be seen, she let out a breath.

"I will," It was a little while before she peeked back up and relief washed over her upon seeing that he was gone. Throwing the phone into the passenger seat, she started the ignition to her car and soon left the parking lot.

***

A few more days passed before she made her move. She was nervous as hell and her palms wouldn't stop sweating. But she made the decision to go to him. She hadn't anticipated the pain that seeped into her body, being away from him. It hurt like someone was crushing her bones and grinding them. Like someone reached into her chest and ripped her heart out. She'd gone back and forth about it over four months. To be or not to be. Well, on this summer night, she had decided. Be.

Leaving her natural curls as is, she pulled some of them up into a pony, completing a simply half up half down style. Dressing in a little two piece ruched number, a matte black bandeau top with draped sleeves and a bodycon skirt of the same color. Natural makeup and a nude lip gloss on her lips, she spritzed one of her favorite perfumes and grabbed the perfect purse, a black mini heart shaped bag. Putting her phone, wallet and mace inside, she grabbed her keys and headed out.