9

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

N I N E

You texted Sasha to meet you outside work today which of course she agreed to; but the concern was evident in her reply.

Whats going on?
Why don't you call off work?
-Sasha

You powered off your phone, watching the screen fade into darkness. Despite making it to work on time, you found yourself feeling disheveled and drained. Your eyes were swollen and bloodshot from crying, ensuring no compliments would come your way today, which suited you just fine.

"What's troubling you, petal?" Hange's voice cut through the air with genuine concern as you headed towards the back room, briefly meeting your reflection on the metal table, sparking a wave of self-loathing.

"Nothing, I'm fine," you managed a tight-lipped smile, hastily wiping your cheeks with your sleeve. Grabbing your signature apron, you brushed past Hange, struggling to maintain composure.

It wasn't rudeness but rather an inability to face the barrage of questions without breaking down again. Numbness enveloped you, leaving you feeling adrift.

As you arranged the hot goods in the display and served customers, some of the regulars offered concerned looks and inquiries, echoing Hange's earlier question. With practiced ease, you plastered on your signature fake smile, dissuading further probing.

Your attention was drawn to a familiar woman, her vibrant red hair framing her face, her amber eyes captivating. Yes, you recognized her—the woman who had flirted shamelessly with Levi at the restaurant. She was likely one of the women he had been seeing behind your back, a bitter realization.