11

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

E L E V E N

Eren kept stealing glances between the door and you, his teal eyes brimming with curiosity about your ex-boyfriend. In fact, he couldn't seem to stop asking about him. "Do you have a thing for short guys?" and his favorite comment, "I could take him in a heartbeat."

"Could you please stop behaving like a child?" you snapped, tracing your fingers along the rim of your cup. Green tea, one of Levi's favorites besides black tea. "It's like you're the one dating him," you added, narrowing your eyes at Eren, who now stared into his cup with a disgruntled expression.

"Who even drinks tea?" he muttered, prompting you to massage your temples in exasperation.

"Who even drinks tequila?" you shot back, recalling how Eren had downed a whole bottle like it was going out of style.

"Well, tequila gets you drunk, obviously," he retorted, lifting the cup to his lips and recoiling in disgust after a sip. "At least with something gross, you should get a kick out of it."

"Maybe if you tried a different tea instead of just black, you'd enjoy it. Milk and sugar can make a world of difference," you suggested, straightforwardly.

"Nah, I think I'll pass altogether" he settled the cup back onto the table with a sigh, rolling his head back to stare at the ceiling. "He's taking his time. Maybe he won't show up"

"Yeah, it's... unusual for him to be late to anything," you admitted, swirling the contents of your mug in your hand, causing the tea to splash up the sides. Perhaps Levi was nervous? That would be a first. Regardless, if he didn't show up, it would benefit you more than anything. You secretly hoped he wouldn't.