25

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

T W E N T Y
F I V E

High, you were so goddamn high.

Eren's apartment exuded an unexpected tidiness, a stark contrast to typical bachelor pads. Amongst the shelves lined with manga and comics, literary classics like 'The Great Gatsby' and 'Wuthering Heights' stood out, hinting at a depth beyond the surface. You didn't perceive Eren to be the reading type. Though instead he seemed to be an above average bookworm.

"I'm a bit of a dork, aren't I?" Eren's chuckle filled the room as he set his keys on the sleek black counter, the clinking of metal against metal echoing.

"My mum used to read to me all the time. The 'Very Hungry Caterpillar' was my favorite," he reminisced, a nostalgic smile gracing his lips.Your fingers danced over the book spines, tracing memories of your own. "I was more of an 'Alice in Wonderland' fan," you admitted, withdrawing slightly.

"The idea of escaping into a fantasy world always fascinated me."

"But Wonderland wasn't all whimsy," Eren countered, leaning in, his gaze fixed on the shelves. "It reflected Alice's struggles at home. She was never truly free."

"True," you conceded, a thoughtful expression crossing your face. "But sometimes any escape seems better than reality," you added, shifting to relieve the tension in your muscles.

Eren nodded, his brow furrowing in contemplation. "And what about the hungry caterpillar?" he mused, gesturing towards the book. "His overindulgence led to sorrow. Aren't we the same, consuming until it leaves us empty?"