20

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

T W E N T Y

The car came to a halt, jolting you awake. You blinked, feeling the warmth of embarrassment flood your cheeks as you realized you had accidentally dozed off. You were never the most graceful sleeper—Levi would often tease you about how a hint of drool sometimes escaped your parted lips when you slept.

Hastily, you straightened yourself into a more composed position, awkwardly running your fingers through your hair to smooth out any disheveled strands.

"How long were you driving for?" you asked, your voice still heavy with sleep. Eren had already turned off the ignition, the quiet settling in around you. "An hour at most," he replied, stretching his arms and rolling his neck to alleviate the tension from his posture. "The only downside to driving—my neck is killing me."

"Here, let me help," you offered, a smile gracing your lips as you raised your finger, gesturing for him to turn his back to you. Eren unclipped his seatbelt and shifted his body in an angle you could reach.

Your hands went to work, skillfully finding the areas he complained about—the knots in his neck and shoulders. You massaged them firmly, applying just the right amount of pressure to help soothe the tension. A low groan escaped his lips. "What a girl, you're a full package, aren't you?"

"What does that mean?" you giggled, continuing to knead his shoulder blades.

"Well, you're funny, smart—good at massages, and not to mention beautiful," Eren complimented, his words flowing freely. "Your music taste is badass, and you're honest about the world." Your heart quickened, unsure whether to fully believe his words given your own lack of self-confidence. Nonetheless, you weren't about to protest.