10

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

T E N

Your eyes were heavy, half-lidded from the torrent of tears that left you struggling to catch your breath. Every inch of your body throbbed as though you had contracted the flu. Despite the passing days since your breakup with Levi, the pain hadn't eased, exacerbated by his relentless attempts to reach out to you.

"Your phone is ringing again," Sasha stated, her voice tinged with irritation. Levi had been calling you non-stop. "Why don't you just block him?"

You sipped the green tea that Sasha had made, staring into the cup as it slowly emptied. "I can't block him, not yet," you said, setting the cup on the side-table so you could pick at the skin around your nails. "If I block him, then it's admitting..."

Sasha furrowed her brows. "Yes, y/n, it's admitting it's over," she clarified, her tone firm. "Even if you decide to block him or not, he cheated on you."

You bit down on your lower lip, tasting blood. For days now, you had been cooped up in Sasha's dorm, skipping classes and calling in sick to work. Although Hange was understanding, giving you the time you needed to grieve the situation.

"Maybe he needs to explain himself. Doesn't he deserve that?" You replied, tears welling in your eyes. "I pushed him to this. If I wasn't such a mental wreck, maybe he wouldn't have..."

Sasha squeezed her hands together in anger. "That's enough, y/n. You need to look after yourself," she said, gripping your shoulders firmly. "You're going to class today, no objections."

Perhaps Sasha was right. You realized you were letting your hurt consume you. You were on the brink of failing your classes at this rate, and you desperately needed a shower, but you couldn't muster the energy to move.