24

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

T W E N T Y
F O U R

"Going to tell me what's going on or what?" Levi snapped leaving you awestruck. It was now just you and Levi, no prying eyes to indulge the drama. The only thing you could feel was the breeze of occasional wind, blowing through your hair and adding further pink to your flushed cheeks.

"Isn't it obvious" you grumbled, smoothing your black dress down, worried it was too high for your liking. "Want me to say it bluntly or?"

Levi's abrupt halt under the eerie glow of the streetlights cast a chilling atmosphere over the confrontation. "Hand them over," his voice cut through the tension like a blade, sending shivers down your spine.

You feigned ignorance, though the alcohol clouding your judgment couldn't mask the gravity of his demand. "What? My respect for you? Yeah, already gone," you retorted, the alcohol-induced bravado masking the vulnerability beneath.

His response was swift, hands clenched, and his voice frostier than the Atlantic Ocean. "Y/n, do not test me," he warned, his words laced with a desperation you hadn't anticipated. "Hand them over," he repeated, his outstretched hand a silent plea.

Defiance surged within you. "No," you scoffed, the bitterness in your tone belying the ache in your heart. "I still have no idea what you mean. What, you're trying to get back with me after everything? Levi, I pity you—"

Before you could finish, Levi gripped your shoulders, his eyes locking onto yours with a mixture of anger and hurt. "I swear to god," he muttered, his words dripping with anguish. "How could you?" Disappointment resonated in his voice, his grip a painful reminder of the fractured bond between you.